“One Word, Great! Uma Palavra, excelente!”

Restaurante Turismo Lounge
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Barcelos
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Went for dinner with a large group of family, the restaurant was welcoming, nothing too much trouble and tasty food with excellent presentation! A relative had to have special diet and it was served perfectly. Simply an amazing place! Not forgetting the great views and right in the centre of the marvellous city of Barcelos!

Muito bom restaurante, acolhedor, comida 100%; recomendo uma visita!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Great service, the front manager is the most attentive person I ever met. The atmosphere is relaxed and the food was great.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Awesome evening with friends and family. The food is spot on, the portions are big and in most cases can be shared. The service is attentive but not invasive. The decor and location adds to the experience. Well worth it.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 28, 2018

Putting food on the plate in a trendy, "Masterchef" kind of way does not make your food worth charging exorbitant amounts of money for. I ordered a €25.50 tournedos with a three pepper sauce and mushrooms. The taste of the three pepper sauce was drowned by the various onions on the plate. There were about 3 micro mushrooms on the plate - looked pretty but totally pointless from a taste point of view. There were also little meringues - I guess points should be given for creativity but it didn't really work for me unfortunately as I think they were the only carbohydrates on the plate. I was not asked by the waiter how I wanted my tournedos cooked, but having volunteered my request for medium/rare I got rare. Friends shared the chicken-in-a-loaf-of-bread dish, which apparently was "quite nice", but way overpriced at €54 for 2 people.
What I really didn't like is that having not ordered starters (as we were in a hurry), the waiters brought three large starter dishes and proceeded to plonk them on the table (I'm not talking olives and nibbles here, I'm talking mussels, prawns and what looked like fried camembert or something). When we said we didn't want them, we were told we ought to have them because our mains would be 20-25 minutes. We said we didn't want both and asked if the mains could be done a little quicker because we were in a hurry, and were told "they take as long as they take". There is potential here and the location is lovely but don't try to be something you're not, and don't rip people off.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Kiki B
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

I was here with my colleagues for lunch. The food was delicious and there was lots of it. The main course of sea bass with rice risotto with salmon and calamari could easily be for 2-3 people. The place offers an excellent view of the river.

Date of visit: April 2018