1,804 results
All reviews theatrical theme smoked glass design hotel low lighting glass door themed hotel tasting menu central location rain shower complimentary glass of port the river junior suite reception staff welcome drink breakfast was excellent sao bento train station yogurt
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They provided assistance with reservations and tours and were very professional and courteous. The hotel does not have all of the amenities that Americans are used to (wasclothes, irons, etc.) and the rooms are very small like most European hotels, but I found this to be a great stay. I read the reviews and was worried about staying here but you should have no worries at all. This is a great hotel, with a good staff and centrally located to good dining and shopping. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2017

I'm very sorry to tell about may bad experience in this hotel we just had. We did the check out the morning of the 24th April 2017 after 2 nights spent there at around 10am. in the very early afternoon we arrived in an other hotel close to Porto where I realized that I forgot my little prada bag with my make up and cosmetics next to the sink at the hotel. I immediately called the hotel very confident as I was sure that I would have it back soon as the hotel was keeping it for me. After several calls (they answer at the phone rearly) they checked and told me that nobody faund it. I asked to check again becasue I was sure 100% that my bag was there and asked them to call me back and let me know. They have never called me back and after my others calls they told me that my bag wasn't there and when I spoke with the last persons who answered me( a woman who speaks Italian) she was very, very rude accousing me that I was lying. It is very strange that my bag disappared after only few hours I left the hotel and it is very wired that things like this still happen in 2017 especially in a 4 stars hotel. The wrost thing of the story is not about the value of the bag I lost, but how I felt when I realized that, contrary I thougt, I coudn't trust on the staff of the hotel as I would never have my bag back.

For the other travellers who will go to this hotel, pay attention do not forget anything there!

Maria Cristina

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maddalena T
Reviewed April 24, 2017

Very cool stylish hotel in converted theatre. Nice rooms and very clean with good service. A little to 'cool' and dark in places and the bathtub inside a glass case we had in our room just felt a little over done!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

I had no preconceptions about this hotel as the booking was made by a travel agent. It was in a great location - easy to walk to São Bento, the Cathedral etc. And, the staff were welcoming, pleasant and helpful. But, I found the 'theatrical theme' overwhelming! On arrival I stepped out of the lift onto a totally dark floor! That was unfortunate and due to a malfunctioning down light which was soon rectified. Even so, to walk out of my room later into a darkened corridor waiting for the sensor lights to activate was unnerving. A theatre lighting qualification would have been useful within the room to distinguish between bedside, bathroom and entrance lights! And the bath divided from the bed by a sheet of glass and curtain? Theatrical .. ? But, the worse thing for someone my age (and there were a lot of other grey haired baby boomers in the breakfast room) was the shower over the bath. You had to be standing in the bath to turn on the water. And, there was nothing at all to hang on to or hold while getting in or out of the bath. The good news is that they make a stunning gin and tonic in the bar!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

If you use points as an SPG member be prepared for inferior service and poor treatment. When checking in, the very rude woman at the front desk informed me "you know you don't get breakfast because you're paying with points". This was before she said "welcome". I must say she walked away in the middle of our registration and the woman who took her place was lovely and helpful. This morning I asked at the front desk if I could just get a cup of coffee rather than the full breakfast and was told "of course" but when I went to the restaurant one of the staff members approached me and was quite rude and insisted I'd have to pay for a full breakfast in order to have a coffee. She seemed confused when I told her the front desk had told me otherwise and when I told her I was not paying 15 euros for a coffee. Eventually she backed down and I was charged 3.5 euros. Overall the location is central the rooms are indeed dark and I would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family