1,549 results
All reviews great hotel junior suite avenida da boavista five star hotel business area city centre taxi ride tourist area tour buses taxi rank hotel restaurant breakfast buffet enjoyable stay stayed here for nights room was large reception staff hop on hop
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Trust me, I wouldn't stay anywhere but Crown plaza when I'm in Porto. The staff (especially Joko Gomes) is so wonderful and friendly always helpful and About 6 months ago I was at the same wonderful hotel and I forgot my stuff today when I checked in to my suprise they have kept the stuff that I left the last time I was here • beautiful hotel with beautiful and lovely staff. ❤️ #HomelyHotel

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed October 1, 2017

We are from the UK and are on our annual two month vacation of Europe, my wife, adult daughter, myself and our two little dogs. We are staying in a total of 16 4/5 star hotels during our holiday.

The Crowne Plaza is rated five star and to be honest we had some initial problems with our Bedroom, we reported them to the duty manager Eurico Rafael who was absolutely tremendous, he did not argue but accepted our comments without exception and then moved mountains to sort things out. This man is a decent honourable professional guy and we liked him very much indeed.
He mobilised his people to attend to the issues and we can't thank him enough - thanks Eurico, I am totally sure that your career and life will go from strength to strength.

Once you get to know the team in this very large hotel you quickly realise that they are great people and a great team who are genuinely customer focused and who like people a lot and you can have a laugh with them, the guys on reception are tremendous fun whilst being very professional - well done guys. And as for Pedro at the bar - fantastic fun and he makes a great sangria! And our favourite guy at breakfast, you know who I mean - very well done, thank you

You know when you leave a hotel it is not the fixtures and fittings that stay as memories, it is the whole experience especially the people - and so it is with the Crowne Plaza Hotel, the whole team made our stay fantastically wonderful and we cannot thank them all enough for the warmth and sense of fun that they showed to us - you guys are just great. I always say that it takes two to tango, in other words if you show a sense of warmth and fun it will usually be responded back and so it was at the Crowne Plaza Porto.

As a retired CEO of a substantial company and the ex owner of a very successful hotel I like to think that I know a thing or two about customer service - the Crowne Plaza at Porto are good, very good. Yes we had a few initial issues but the mark of a good manager and company is how they handle it and Eurico and his team are the very best that you can get.

Victor the concierge is a great guy and really looked after my beloved Jaguar XJL motor car - thank you so much, he was fast with our luggage and a thoroughly nice guy.

A special word about Sofia Ribeiro - this young lady is good - very good and has a great future ahead of her, Sofia dealt with issues, I watched her professionalism - she is a young person but with a wise head on her shoulders.

A word about the hôtel amenities - it is exceptionally clean throughout, the llifts/elevators are super fast, the lobby and reception area is very large and needs to be at times to handle the arrivals and departures.
The new terrace at the front of the hotel is great and they allowed us to take our little dogs thank you.
The restaurant/breakfast room is very good at present, although I understand that they are re furnishing it soon.
The car park is wonderful and so big for my Jaguar car - the corridors to bedrooms are wonderful and clean and bright.

So this is a large hotel that has a lot going for it, its biggest asset however is its people - the most enthusiastic warm team, this is where most big hotels fail - but not the Crowne Plaza Porto.

The million Euro question is will we stay here again, now that we know the team and they know us the answer is most definitely YES YES YES.

We highly recommend you to stay here, but please - get to know its people for they are well worth knowing and you life will be enriched by the experience - thank you Eurico and the team so very much for making this part of our holiday so very memorable and such fun.

Room Tip: Take a small suite
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank HappyTravellers222
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, super quality for a CP. food great, service excellent. Clean and modern rooms. Really fantastic recommended for business traveller or leisure. I have stayed in many hotels within the IHG and this is right up there. Excellent.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

A fantastic hotel thanks to its staff. The front desk team are truly brilliant. Listen to and trust there recommendations. Francisco Pereira and Joao Gomes were truly brilliant in sorting out everything from eating recommendations, port tastings to taxi bookings. Thanks

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2017

One reason for choosing the CP was that we are on a driving tour and needed safe car parking at an easily accessible site, not readily available in Porto centre. Valet parking and the secure underground car park was ideal.
Yes, it is a 40 minute walk to the main areas, but that way we got to see some more of the city and a cab ride back is always less than 10 euros.
The hotel is very nice, our room was lovely, and all staff were so friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a nice lunch in the bar (club sandwich recommended) and chilled outside on the terrace with some late night drinks.
Thanks for a really relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple