Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great tour of Douro Valley

We had a great experience with Nelson. When our original tour company didn’t show up, we called... read more

Reviewed September 30, 2017
DKAY591
Orlando
via mobile
Bruno will buy you 2 sandwiches if you ask!

This was our second We Hate Tourism tour - our first was in Lisbon two years ago. We loved it so... read more

Reviewed July 30, 2017
anthonyoshea
Ottawa, Canada
via mobile

All reviews these guys traditional tour vinho verde city tour delicious port se cathedral explore porto great tour port wine whtt marta bravo lisbon van company picnic tourists
Reviewed May 5, 2017

I arrived in Porto and just did the usual touristy things, eat, walk etc zzzz.

I was at a lost on what to do on my second and last night and basically was looking for something different. I came across We Hate Tourism website and at the different approach it adopted with zany graphics crazy name for a business, I thought why not, life is too short.

I was not disappointed!!! I arrived at the meeting point to be greeted by Bruno who was very welcoming. He went out of his way to wait for somebody who was late whilst other tours would more than likely say well they haven't turned up that's their problem.

Despite the late arrival, we started the tour at a pace, only for Bruno to stop the van at the beginning of the bridge and tell us to walk to the other side! Some people would have thought Christ he's taken our money and doing a runner!! It was in a way Bruno's way in helping to get to know each other. We walked the bridge and found Bruno parked in the central reservation waiting for us!

This was definitely a different tour and set a nice tone for the rest of the evening. After being taken on this detour, we then went to a monastery to start drinking!

Bruno took us to what is probably the best fish restaurant that I have been to and gave us a very informative and knowledgeable account of the food available which was well.....excellent. We talked about various things, politics (not my thing really but the debate was interesting given the nationalities on the tour) to football and diving off a bridge!

The end of the evening, we were taken to another view point to drink more (the sweet!) and then to Casa da Musica. Throughout this Bruno gave great tips, conversation and the madness sadly ended with Bruno driving us back safely to our hotels :( Bruno took a different approach to my one, the portuguese way!!

I would definitely recommend WHTT to anyone and in particular Bruno for his enthusiasm and alternative approach to tours. Thank you, Thank you Bruno for making Porto memorable.

Nick

Reviewed May 4, 2017

I visited Porto with my friend for a girls weekend and, after poring over many tour options, we chose "We Hate Tourism" (because we really don't want to be "those" tourists, ironic, no?). I was crushed when there was no availability on the one day we had free in Porto. Fortunately, I emailed and they created a tour for us on that day. Not only that, it was Bruno, the creator of "We Hate Tourism Tours", who was our guide!

Bruno is the greatest! He took us to the "must see" spots in Porto and, not only that, managed to stay one step ahead of the hordes. For example, we were leaving the Se cathedral as two packed tour buses pulled up and so it went the entire day. In addition to the usual attractions, we toured with Bruno as you would a friend. He took us to some of his favorite spots with the best views, provided us lunch and wine breaks (Vinho Verde- yay!) from the back of his van fitted out with a mini picnic table-so cute. He talked of life and love and the Portuguese way--poets and philosophers and things he learned from family and friends. He listened and crafted a tour just for us on the fly. For example, he allowed me time in the Livraria Lello because I told him how much I loved books. He took us to the beach and let us stroll to our hearts content-picking us up further down the strand. There were many, many experiences like that during our day-just wonderful and intimate and local, flea markets along the Douro and dreaming of homesteads from high above the city. Bruno also supplied us with foods typical of the city--a breakfast croissant, a sandwich snack, a great melt in your mouth Befana at a local restaurant and, oh yea, vinho verde!

The tour ended on the other side of the river in Vila Nova de Gaia which was super--we then continued on and sampled port at a few port houses before walking to a local fisherman's village and having a dinner grilled on the sidewalk of fish that were freshly caught that day- Bruno's recommendation of course.

The three things I will never forget about this day and the "We Hate Tourism" experience were:

1. It was an awesome day. We did a ton of things. I don't think there is another tour like it. Bruno embodies the warm and caring nature of the Portuguese people and is proud to show you his city from so many different viewpoints

2. We Hate Tourism really cares and wants you to have a good time. When I told him my son was having some troubles after arriving in Lisbon and losing his wallet, he was ready to help with his team even in a different city. Bruno is a friend!

3. Portugal is for relaxing and having fun. I have a very demanding, high paced job. I noticed Bruno was wearing a wrist watch (which not very many people do these days) but it HAD NO HANDS! He told me the watch was to remind him that he did need to be somewhat careful about time, but not a slave to checking the hands all the time. I love that! I took a picture of that! I'm going to put it on my desk.

Thanks so much Bruno and "We Hate Tourism" tours. I'd give you tons more stars if I could. This is THE TOUR to do in Porto. We loved it so much we did another "We Hate Tourism" Tour when we went to Lisbon. DO IT!

Reviewed April 29, 2017

I visited Lisbon and Porto with recommendations from We Hate Tourism Tours, history, style, food, architectures, arts, shops, music and the soul of Portugal. All you can name it, about what to know, the good, the bad and the ugly, these guys will tell honestly and literally anything about Portugal. And you may enjoy the cities with the fun of getting lost in the streets. Getting around with all the secret spots and tours with them.... !

Reviewed April 27, 2017

It was day before Easter, 2017 and we were in Porto. On a whim I contacted the Website for We Hate Tourism and emailed a request for a custom tour to be arranged for the next day for 2 people. Bruno, answered. He is the president of the company for all of Portugal. He was very cordial, friendly, professional and read carefully what we wanted to do because we had been to Porto 4 times before, and yes - structured a tour for us overnight. He met us at our hotel at 9 am on Easter Sunday and took us on a fabulous tour of cultural neighborhoods in Porto. We had wanted to do a port wine tasting but places were understandably closed on this day. Nevertheless, Bruno created a port wine experience for us - consisting of serving us home made delicious port wine and regional cheese on a mini beach side picnic in Porto. His grasp of the city and history was amazing We heard new facts we hadn't known and we were very grateful to have connected once again with this company. 5 stars all the way. Bruno and his company are exceptional!!

Reviewed January 17, 2015

My friend and I booked a private tour with André in Porto and loved it! André took us all around the city, bringing us to some secret spots only locals know about. He shared his love for and knowledge of Porto with us, and we had a great time with him. Highly recommended!

3  Thank TLJ77