“Fantastic DInner Tour”

We Hate Tourism Tours
Ranked #29 of 89 Food & Drink in Porto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take A Trip With Us. Really make the most of your visit to Porto with We Hate Tourism Tours Menu! WHTT take you everywhere worth visiting in and around Porto, Guimarães and Braga as well! WHTT`s locals show you their favourite places through their eyes. Always different and always fun.
Reviewed July 14, 2017

This was the first tour we did for our honeymoon and it was amazing. Bruno was a fantastic host. We had delicious port from a spot with outstanding views of the city. He then took us to a small restaurant in a fishing village away from the tourists and the overpriced traps. We had the must scrumptious fresh fish, fresh caught and grilled right in front of us. What I really love is that I had been feeling ill before dinner due to my own silliness of not drinking water or having lunch. Bruno knew I was ill and he sent me an email the next day checking on me and reprimanding me for not wearing enough sunscreen! I was so touched. That is customer service at its finest!! Next time we go to Portugal, we will be taking their tours again!

Date of experience: June 2017
"city tour"
in 4 reviews
"se cathedral"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 3 reviews
in 8 reviews
"culture"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2017

My friend and I did three tours in Lisbon and two in Porto. We loved all of them. Every tour guide...more like tour friend :) was fun, easy to follow and crazy...in a good way!! We are both in our 60's and kept up just fine. The tours we did in Porto were the Intro tour and the dinner. Bruno was amazing. Felt like a family member right away. I also really loved the connection with Marta. She is a very interesting woman and you can tell that she really cares about these tours. I think she is doing custom tours now with WHT, But lucky for us she came to the dinner. If you like good people, good touring, good food and good wine, don't hesitate, book these guys!

I hope to keep in touch and to also come back to Portugal and spend more time learning and loving Portugal.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

We took a tour in Porto with Bruno last week and it was an amazing experience. Interesting conversation, nice places, it was a great day! Merci beaucoup Bruno!

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

My best friend and I found ourselves planning a somewhat last minute trip to Portugal. The philosophy of WHTT appealed to us both. We had to email to request a booking, but they accommodated us, and we're glad they did. As others have mentioned, Bruno provides snacks and wine throughout the day, unique stops and viewpoints, and a sense of being both a proud Portuguese, and a citizen of the world. If you want to linger in a spot a little longer, that's fine.... The day is tailored to your interests. Explore Porto through the eyes of a native while creating your own unique memories.

Date of experience: April 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed May 5, 2017

I arrived in Porto and just did the usual touristy things, eat, walk etc zzzz.

I was at a lost on what to do on my second and last night and basically was looking for something different. I came across We Hate Tourism website and at the different approach it adopted with zany graphics crazy name for a business, I thought why not, life is too short.

I was not disappointed!!! I arrived at the meeting point to be greeted by Bruno who was very welcoming. He went out of his way to wait for somebody who was late whilst other tours would more than likely say well they haven't turned up that's their problem.

Despite the late arrival, we started the tour at a pace, only for Bruno to stop the van at the beginning of the bridge and tell us to walk to the other side! Some people would have thought Christ he's taken our money and doing a runner!! It was in a way Bruno's way in helping to get to know each other. We walked the bridge and found Bruno parked in the central reservation waiting for us!

This was definitely a different tour and set a nice tone for the rest of the evening. After being taken on this detour, we then went to a monastery to start drinking!

Bruno took us to what is probably the best fish restaurant that I have been to and gave us a very informative and knowledgeable account of the food available which was well.....excellent. We talked about various things, politics (not my thing really but the debate was interesting given the nationalities on the tour) to football and diving off a bridge!

The end of the evening, we were taken to another view point to drink more (the sweet!) and then to Casa da Musica. Throughout this Bruno gave great tips, conversation and the madness sadly ended with Bruno driving us back safely to our hotels :( Bruno took a different approach to my one, the portuguese way!!

I would definitely recommend WHTT to anyone and in particular Bruno for his enthusiasm and alternative approach to tours. Thank you, Thank you Bruno for making Porto memorable.

Nick