Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great tour of Douro Valley

Reviewed September 30, 2017
DKAY591
Orlando
via mobile
Bruno will buy you 2 sandwiches if you ask!

Reviewed July 30, 2017
anthonyoshea
Ottawa, Canada
via mobile

All reviews these guys traditional tour vinho verde city tour delicious port se cathedral explore porto great tour port wine whtt marta bravo lisbon van company picnic tourists
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience with Nelson. When our original tour company didn’t show up, we called Nelson and literally at a moments notice Nelson happily agreed to take us on a tour of the Douro Valley. We toured a couple of wineries where we tasted wine, olive Oil and honey. The tour included lunch at a local restaurant and a 1 hour boat ride on the Douro river where the views were spectacular. Nelson was very friendly, knowledgeable and fun. I would highly recommend this tour, and if Nelson’s available book with him. Thank you Nelson for taking us last minute especially when it meant getting home late to your family. We had a great day!

3  Thank DKAY591
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

This was our second We Hate Tourism tour - our first was in Lisbon two years ago. We loved it so decided to book while we were in Porto this summer. The Porto version is just as good, maybe better! Bruno will take you to places you would never find on your own and he knows so much about Porto and it's history and place in the world. He is so great to talk to and really wants to get to know you and hear about your culture too. Bruno will take you to an AMAZING little lunch spot by the beach and you'll have so much fun - it's like having lunch with a friend. We went on this tour for my birthday and Bruno made us feel really special. We will definitely get lost somewhere new with him when we come back to Porto. Thank you Bruno and We Hate Tourism Tours.

2  Thank anthonyoshea
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Did two dinner "tours" with we hate tourism - one in Lisbon and one in Porto. Many shout outs to Bruno, Gonzo, and Marta. Simply put - this is a unique and great experience. At the end of the evening you will learn a lot about Portugal, and the other guests on the tour, but it is an authentic experience - more like having dinner with new friends instead of any type of traditional tour experience.

The food, the views, and the wine were all great but the conversation and the passion for Portugal is what makes these guys amazing!

1  Thank travelboundseattle
Reviewed July 14, 2017

This was the first tour we did for our honeymoon and it was amazing. Bruno was a fantastic host. We had delicious port from a spot with outstanding views of the city. He then took us to a small restaurant in a fishing village away from the tourists and the overpriced traps. We had the must scrumptious fresh fish, fresh caught and grilled right in front of us. What I really love is that I had been feeling ill before dinner due to my own silliness of not drinking water or having lunch. Bruno knew I was ill and he sent me an email the next day checking on me and reprimanding me for not wearing enough sunscreen! I was so touched. That is customer service at its finest!! Next time we go to Portugal, we will be taking their tours again!

Reviewed May 27, 2017

My friend and I did three tours in Lisbon and two in Porto. We loved all of them. Every tour guide...more like tour friend :) was fun, easy to follow and crazy...in a good way!! We are both in our 60's and kept up just fine. The tours we did in Porto were the Intro tour and the dinner. Bruno was amazing. Felt like a family member right away. I also really loved the connection with Marta. She is a very interesting woman and you can tell that she really cares about these tours. I think she is doing custom tours now with WHT, But lucky for us she came to the dinner. If you like good people, good touring, good food and good wine, don't hesitate, book these guys!

I hope to keep in touch and to also come back to Portugal and spend more time learning and loving Portugal.