“Little gem near Elafonisi”
Review of Gialites Tavern

Gialites Tavern
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Livadia
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2018

This little place has everything one wants in a traditional taverna: friendly service, traditional fare, generous portions of delicious food (the Greek salad was exceptional). The owner is very friendly, the garden setting is lovely. It's a small place, close to Elafonisi, worth visiting for dinner after a good day at the beach.

1  Thank Michelle G

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We went to Elefonisi beach and selected this restaurant by the reviews and our curiosity. The food is excellent, the menu is not fixed, makes me want to come again. The location and environment is absolutely rural, the garden gave us a very good shade even outside was hot. At the way there we had a nice scenic drive.

If you are open to experience something different then this is the place.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after visiting Elafonisi beach. Friendly couple running it. I think it was the best dakos that I had on the trip. Only negative was a couple of stray cats that circled us when we had food but that has been true in many places in Crete.

1  Thank Fritch
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

If I could give them a zero I would. We showed up in the evening, my wife is vegan. She asked if he could feed her. Of course he said yes. He proceeded to serve her half a tomato and sliced cucumbers with a side of fries. We also got fava and two pieces of bread. He said he normally has lots of vegetarian options, but he was apparently bombarded by vegetarians that day. BS. He served me a sausage and fries. We had water and no drinks. The total price was 24 euros. Horrible experience. There is no menu.

By comparison we had a great meal in Chania at Petros. We had two delicious apps of veggie fritters and Horta. I had a fillet of sea bass and my wife had vegan moussaka (enough for two meals). Fantastic gourmet meal 29 euros.

This guy at Gialites saw to Americans and played us as suckers. Buyer beware.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

I would say we had brilliant experience! Food was amazing, service (if you can call it that) was perfect, the place itself was extremely cozy! Speaking of food - prices are good for the quality and amount of food you get. It's fresh and delicious traditional Greek food. Speaking of service - we felt like we came to visit our friends whose hospitality was amazing (not intrusive though). The place itself and all the surroundings (including the rode that led there) was so unique and warm, cozy. I defonetely recommend it and would go there again is possible!

Date of visit: May 2018