Just to explain we have stayed in quite a few All-inclusive resorts and this is the smallest.
We stayed for 10 nights for our friends 50th Birthday,we had 2 rooms.All I need to say is don't listen to those complaining as we could not fault anything,except the weather and you cannot blame staff for that.
Yes it is set up on a cliff and not on the beach,but you do get a shuttle run via Vaughan(he's great)to 3 different beaches,we visited Gibsons & Nest,Nest was our favourite.We ate at both beaches and the food was good,Nest was just a bit better,but that's a personal thing.
The rooms were nice we had King plunge pool rooms & couldn't fault them,the rooms had a seaview.
The quality of the food was excellent,there is a good choice at the Sugar Club Restaurant & up at Carmichael's,both had specials of the day which you must try.I still think my Favourite dishes were the coconut shredded shrimps & the Crab lump Cakes.So much of the food is pepared in-house,the soups,bread rolls,pizzas and they've started to make their own jam.As mentioned we went AI and it was definately worth it.We ate at Carmichael's quite a few times,yes there are supplements for certain dishes,but not all and it isn't much for what you are getting.
Their is a good range of drinks available and quite a few decent brands are included,Jack Daniels being one which is normally a premium at other resorts.
If ever we had to ask for anything it was never a problem and the service was quick,you sometimes build up for a little wait as we have experienced before at other resorts in the Caribbean and it would be done,not that we were ever in a rush as we were just relaxing,and you certainly do that here.
The Aveda Spa is really good & visited it a few times,never used the gym but it seemed popular.
Keith is the General Manager and he comes round to get to know the guests,very approachable.
All the staff were great,you do get a few characters and those stay with your memories,they are a few quiet staff but they were just as helpfull.
There is a lovely infinity pool by Carmichael's giving you lovely views,drinks are served from 3pm,but you can get a drink beforehand if the staff are present.
There are mosquitos & the hotel do go around spraying,just take some OFF repellant with you if you suffer.
We visited Nelson's Dockyard again and went back up to Shirley Heights for the views,both worth a visit.
I could just go on,if you do like Hot Sauce then the Head Chef Marvis(who also likes to meet guests) makes a great sauce,you have to ask for it,highly recommended.
If you want to ask me any questions please feel free to and I'll try and help.
Overall it is a wonderfull resort,and wonderfull Staff who really make a difference,we will definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour