Enjoyed 3 relaxing weeks at this friendly and peaceful family run boutique hotel on the beach. Prior to booking we did read several mixed reviews on TA about this hotel and area. For a beach front cottage with breakfast included, this looked like the ideal place to escape for a few weeks.
We certainly enjoyed our stay but would not return to this property again for a number of reasons.
If you are looking for a quiet area in Koh Samui, then this is the perfect spot, especially for those with small children, as Choeng Mon Beach is a protected Bay and very shallow water with a nice sandy bottom.
* Beware of Sea Lice in the Bay! * Just do a Google search on Sea Lice, they are as annoying as Mosquitoes and do bite! This was our first encounter with Sea Lice having traveled to many tropical destinations in the world. They ruined our snorkeling trip to the Marine Park as well, the bites were nasty forcing us and about 100 other people on the tour from the water.
Here's what we enjoyed about this hotel:
1 - Small family run boutique hotel
2 - Nice infinity pool steps from the beach
3 - Individual beach front cottages or a choice of ocean view or pool side rooms
4 - Breakfast included daily at beach side
5 - Friendly pleasant staff
6 - Rooms cleaned daily with bottled water
7 - Very good in room free wifi
8 - Air conditioned rooms
9 - Small fridge in room
10 - Electric kettle for instant coffee or tea (supplied)
11 - Great value for what you receive compared to North American prices for same
Room for improvement:
With a few improvements, this quaint hotel could become a premier property and easily raise their prices without any difficulty or complaints what so ever!
1 - Curtains in our room were worn, see thru and blood stained
2 - Shower drain kept clogging and backing up daily
3 - Lounge chairs and pool area filthy (With a little effort, table and chairs, food scraps, etc., could be easily cleaned by staff working the bar)
4 - Many times we observed people come right off the beach and use the pool and help themselves to the limited number of beach loungers, without staff caring at all.
The pool and grounds were clean and tidy, but with a little extra effort, this place could be superb! Because of what we observed and experienced, unless the little things mentioned above and a few others are taken care of, we would not return to this property again. There are less expensive properties next to the beach that look very well maintained.
If we were to return to Koh Samui, our choice would be Lamai. A beautiful stretch of beach with lots of restaurants and shopping, but not crazy loud and busy like Chaweng Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort. Are resort on the beach front of choengmon beach running bussiness by family style resort area are on the beach facilities service bar and restaurant swimming pool near beach and beach sun bed service thai massage is available waiting for your holiday looking for relax beach resort looking for samui honey cottages beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Honey Cottages Hotel Choeng Mon
- Samui Honey Hotel
- Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon, Thailand