“It's All About the View!”

Metropolis Roof Garden
Ranked #433 of 2,576 Restaurants in Athens
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The view is probably one of the best in the world, right under the Parthenon! I don't think you can get a better view of the Parthenon from any where else in Athens. The food is expensive as you would expect, but nothing special and the choice limited. The wine list is indeed more interesting than the menu! The desserts are ridiculously overpriced! However the service is impeccable! Fast, very attentive and extremely courteous making our dining experience very enjoyable. And then there is that spectacular view...Maybe better to enjoy the view from the adjacent bar section though..

1  Thank CaymanRedGuard

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Luxury roof garden with a great view on the Akropolis at night. That has a price: service is not that great, wines nothing special and the prices are upmarket. But the view...priceless

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Staff are great but be prepared to wait a bit in the busy periods; views spectacular. Food is first class.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

The view is all that can attract me again.I can't say that the service was of the best as we were waiting over 10 minutes to be seen. And of course it's not inexpensive at all!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Went here for an afternoon coffee with my local friend. The staff were very friendly and very welcoming. We were seated and served extremely quickly which was really great. I found the staff were very quick to check on us and make sure our water glasses were always full. I only had coffee while here, however the cakes and food looked very good. This place has a perfect location as it is right in the city centre and very easy to get to. The view is amazing1 I had gone during the day so it was still light out, but the view during the day was wonderful. I imagine the view at night time to be spectacular as My hotel was just around the corner and had an amazing night time view. I will definitely return here again on my next trip to Athens. I did go in February so it was a little chilly, however it wasn't too bad being outside.