1,582 results
All reviews rooftop pool nice hotel executive floor business hotel per day free wifi shuttle bus syntagma square metro station mini bar top floor enjoyed my stay restaurants and bars superior room main attractions visit athens central athens
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I'm sorry to say this is going to be my last night in Athens and at the Divani Caravel Hotel :(

I fell in love with this city, the people, the food, the art and the culture. But I was mostly surprised by the amazing level of service at this hotel, and how helping and friendly the staff is.

If you're going to Athens, you might want to consider this hotel among your list of potential hotels, and I hope you'll get to experience Athens in all its beauty like I did :)

I <3 Athens :)

Room Tip: I got room # 605 which has a view of the Acropolis! just a tip :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The Hotel is in a good location. Very near to Kolanaki & Syntagma Square. Good breakfast & roof top pool bar.
Only thing I didn't like is the old TV. I hope they will move to LCD TVs soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Acropolis view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Rooms and service was excellent
Food was the best
Very polite waiters
I do recommend ifbthe service isnstill asnprevious

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Just spent 3 days: food is on but very pricy, 18€ to watch one movie in your room, 14€ to clean one T shirt, 12€ to access a small Gym, 25€ for internet access for 48 hours.
Old design, old carpet, old tv.....
Choose another place to stay, it was a terrible experience and
way too pricy for the prestations.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I went to Athens for business and decided to stay in this hotel as it had a good name and good location. However, at the end of my trip, I was rather disappointed with the experience.

The rooms were a bit old-feeling and it seemed that it needed a renovation/modernisation. Staff were relatively friendly, but it depended on who you actually talked to.

Also, the prices in the hotel were overly priced and expensive. At the bar, I ordered a beer (a Mythos - which is the local brand) and when I got the bill, I was shocked to see that it cost 10 euros! Imagine if I had ordered an imported brand!

The positive things about the hotel was the rooftop swimming pool and bar, and since I went during the summer months, you could sit outside. The view was quite impressive, especially at night when you could see the Acropolis in all its glory. Also, the hotel was located in a convenient area and close to the metro line which made getting around Athens (for my business and personal time) quite easy and less frustrating than taking a car/taxi.

However, these positive things couldn't make up for all the negatives that I encountered so I would not go there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business