“Good Food And Experience”
Review of Maiandros

Maiandros
Ranked #75 of 2,894 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monastiraki
Description: Maiandros is a traditional Greek coffee restaurant, located in the historical center of Athens, just a few steps from the Monastiraki metro station and Adrianou library. Our place is cozy and friendly in harmony with traditional mediterranean cuisine brings back memories, tastes and smells from another era . We are waiting for you any time of day to offer you new experiences enjoying a plethora of traditional tastes and snacks in the heart of Athens. Live greek music at nights 6pm until 1am. For reservations please send us email.
Reviewed November 17, 2018

Had lunch at the restaurant while on the way to the ancient agora. Ordered the grilled meat platter for two and was not disappointed. The meats were succulent and was full of flavour. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was wonderful. Had a great lunch there.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Having walked for nearly 90 minutes to find a restaurant that was recommended, only to find it was closed, I walked past this gem. Great service, music and wonderful, traditional food. The Bekri Mezze was superb, a definite new favourite. The kleftico was similarly excellent. The potatoes were so full of flavour it was a shame when I’d finished. George and Olga were superb hosts.
Thanks for a great meal, will definitely be returning on my next visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2018

Yes, the food is excellent - and a far cry above what you find at most tourist restaurants - and reason enough to eat here. But the thing that stands out for my husband and me is the staff. We had so much fun at this restaurant. We stopped by for a glass of wine after a day at the Acropolis which turned into appetizers and then dinner. We sat at a table near the sidewalk so that we could see the passersby. The unexpected treat of it all was to get to know Giannis and George, the two charming hosts who invite people to check out the restaurant. Their warm-hearted, generous hospitality.....their overwhelmingly honest and genuine invitations to stop for a bite to eat and to check out the second story tables..... was fun to experience and gave us a deeper appreciation for the restaurant. These two men had such a great attitude and were really working hard to be sure that all visitors felt welcomed.

After nearly a month in Greece, this still stands out as one of our most fun evenings. Beyond the two hosts, our server was excellent, the cooks and other staff were also great. Everyone who works there seems to have a generousness of spirit that spills over to the guests. I wish I could give this restaurant more than just 5 stars. Please treat yourselves to a good time and a terrific meal and check them out! And you can't go wrong with the menu - the food is fresh and first-rate.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank randvv
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We went three co-workers for a light dinner. The food was excellent and the view from the top floor was fantastic. Above all we appreciated the staff, they all been very friendly and welcoming. It is a true Greek experience and an excellent one.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

I wanna in Greece for 4 days and I had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant twice. The staff was amazing and made the experience worth while. The food was amazing as well. I would definitely recommend this place to any tourists! :)