Amalia Hotel
US$130
US$106
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$179
US$100
US$94
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$195
US$369
US$321
Agoda.com
1,893 results
All reviewsnational gardenssyntagma squaregreat locationparliament buildingairport buswithin walking distancegreek parliamentbalcony overlookingolympic stadiumcentral locationshort walkdeluxe roombreakfast buffetexcellent hoteli highly recommend this hotelstreet noiseon foot
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Right in the heart of Athens, in the syntagma square. Clean and spacious rooms. Very rich breakfast compared with other 4* Athens hotels.(specially with those in the center) with view of the royal gardens. Nice and friendly staff. definitely return here next time.

Room Tip: ask for a garden view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I often travel with my wife, and we most often stay at high end butique hotels, due to difficutlies in our finance we have decided to continue travelling yet at a tigher budget.

Amalia hotel, has exacly given us all that is promised in the site and other reviews.

Loctation: As Central as it can get.
Cleanliness: Very good.
Atantiveness of staff: Always ready always available to assist.

Breakfast was great, most definitely more than safisfactory.

Basicaly if you need a relatively inexpensive hotel in central athens.

Amalia, it is.

Room Tip: Superior rooms actually have view of the side street, but size wise excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sushi_Drummer
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed at the Amalia Hotel twice in November and truly enjoyed both stays. The hotel is centrally located just off Syntagma Square on Amalia Avenue. The rooms are spacious and have storage space for luggage as well as a large closet. Rooms with a balcony offer views of the Parliament Building. The hotel is within walking distance of all major sights including the Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Plaka, Central Market, Adrian’s Gate, Temple of Zues, etc. A complimentary map (available in each room or from the front desk) makes it easy to navigate to area. Staff members are very helpful and can assist with directions. Most speak English very well. Also, the hotel is affiliated with a tour agency (CHAT Tours) which can arrange city tours, tours to Cape Sounion, day cruises, trips to Delphi & Olympia, etc. The breakfast buffet at the hotel is a real treat. Skip the traditional items (eggs, bacon) and instead enjoy the wonderful salads, olives, Greek yogurt, crusty breads, fresh muffins and decadent sweets. The coffee is self-serve so you can help yourself as often as you like. There’s a free internet kiosk off the bar or you can buy 24 hours of wifi for 5 Euros.
HINT RE TRANSPORTATION: You can take a bus (X95) from the airport directly to Syntagma Square. After getting off the bus, face the Parliament Building. Then walk straight up a slight hill and turn right on the first street (Amalia Avenue); the hotel is a short block away on the right.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ExcellentAdventures
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have been in November in Athens, we were four families and ordered four Deluxe rooms in Amalia hotel through Expedia.com where we got a good deal of 1 night free.
We have arrived at 10:00 AM to the hotel and they have already arranged for us three of the four rooms since we called them when we landed; we got the fourth room at 10:30 AM.
At check-out they also arranged for us one of the four rooms until 16:00 so we can leave all of our stuff there.
The staff was very helpful, they helped us in everything we asked them including changing a phone SIM and ordering Taxis.
Hotel location was great, it is central near the Metro and Bus , Parliament, National gardens and Syntagma square were less than 1 min walk, shopping areas and Plaka were 5 mins walk, tourist bus station is near the hotel; in summary a great and safe location.
I have very minor comments:
- Air condition is central and cant be changed per room
- WiFi costs 5 Eurors and I think Hotel should make it free, it is some of the factors that travels seeks now in hotels; however if you have a smartphone you can buy a WIND or VodaPhone SIM and use internet also when travelling in athens.

Overall we had a great experience and loved the hotel , we would get back again.

Room Tip: Deluxe room has a view to the Parliament and the National gardens, we all loved the great view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank maens
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Amalia has a central location and that was the main reason why I chose to stay there. There was a taxi strike in Greece and its proximity to bus and metro stations was very convenient.

My room was clean and OK. However the room was disappointingly small. Especially in bathroom there was hardly any space to move. When you take a shower it is a flood. Owing to the size of the room, air-condition was strong enough to make it snow indoors.

The most disappointing side of it was that I was hoping for a national park view. When I opened my curtains the view was some old buildings, other rooms etc. That was a kind of view you get when you stay in a hostel, share the room with other 15 people and pay 12 euros a night. I stay at that kind of places too, yet if it is a business trip, if my company is paying more than 100 euros per night; it bothers me that I am given the least preferable room possible.

I was there to stay only for the night, and I arrived so late that I just went to sleep and did not request to change the room. In the morning I wanted to iron my shirt. The ironing service was comprised of an iron from ancient times in a claustrophobic supply room of that floor.

Other than those, breakfast was OK. Hotel staff was as helpful as possible.

I would not recommend this hotel. If you have to stay, ask for a front-facing room and bring clothes that do not need ironing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business