Rio Hotel
US$151
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Trip advisor very rarely steers me wrong, but I would frankly rather stay in a hostel than this place. My friends and I have been traveling around Europe of our study abroad experience, so our standards really aren't that high. The minimum standard I expect from a hotel (especially) is cleanliness, which is where this place really fell short. Our beds were made the second day, however our bathroom wasn't cleaned and we weren't even given new toilet paper, so we ended up running out of toilet paper. Which I find ridiculous. The AC wasn't really working which was fine since it was decently cold outside, but would be difficult in the summer. The concierge (if you could call him that) had no map to give us, and the other man (who i believe is the one the rater below me called a smelly old man) was barely coherent and was openly smoking in the lobby. Additionally, the breakfast was small and we got yelled at for taking more than two hard boiled eggs each. If this had been a hostel I wouldn't have been surprised or disappointed, but since we paid more money in a country where people should be really concerned with good presentation and service, I have honestly never been so disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becky U
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Wonderful location in the heart of Athens. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by their friendly staff. The service was excellent; the facilities of the room were great. The rooms were nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean. The rooms as well as the hotel were well-designed and well-appointed. But we found large black ants in my bathroom. So scared. The staff had to spray them for us. One disadvantage only.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank nutflush07
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Grumpy smelly old man at the front desk was very unhelpful. The hotel was recommended as gay friendly but it was hardly friendly. Location was great though.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Rented a family room for 4 nights Aug 2011. Accommodations were fine nothing fancy but functional. Had a room on top (3rd) floor. Air Conditioning was marginal first night, got back late on second day and was not working, staff moved us to a room that they said was working. Moved into room, assured that it was working just would take a while to cool down. Never did. Hottest night in my life and I have camped in 100 Degree heat. Next morning, staff said this happens in hot weather and entire system was down but would be repaired. Gave them one more chance. Got back late on day 3 and our room was nice and cool. I was a bit suspect because another guest on the other side of floor asked whether we had AC because they still did not. Our's quit in the middle of the night. That was it, checked out and went to hotel up the street.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank J P
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Great location near a metro, walking distance to restaurants etc. Nice clean rooms, with up to four beds. Very helpful and kindly staff! Only minus was the breakfast, very simple We would recommend the hotel to buy a toaster to improve......But still would highly recommend this hotel!.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family