Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Athens Insiders
from US$577.06
from US$160.42
from US$235.44
from US$244.68
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2019

We were so fortunate to book our first time in Athens with Athens Insiders. From beginning to end, we were treated royally. There were 4 of us collected from a cruise ship at the port and delivered to our hotel. We arrived in the middle of a huge charity event and our driver, yannis, was able to circumnavigate the many barriers. Our afternoon guide, Stelios, escorted us to the Acropolis and then the Acropolis Museum. The monument was packed with people and Stelios was accommodating for our speeds and need to rest out of the sun as we ascended 509 feet. His depth of knowledge and ability to explain was outstanding. There is so much too see in the museum and he understood to chose the most important as our energies were flagging. For day 2, we chose the sunset excursion to the temple of Zeus. We had Yannis again who described all the sights along the coastal road, got a great parking spot at the monument and the later delivered us to a beachfront restaurant to eat, watch the sunset and enjoy the rosy colored sky. He helped us chose traditional dishes for our meal and delivered us safely home. The third day was a walking flavors of Athens tour. We were lucky to have George as he is a professional chef. We tasted so many delicious things and drank excellent spirits. Certainly no need for lunch this day. I cannot imagine having more interesting things to do on our first visit to this amazing city, I highly recommend this agency, which I did select based on other trip advisor reviews. Excellent!

Reviewed September 30, 2019

Wonderful! High praise for our tour guides C.C. (Acropolis) and Chef Yannis (Food). Both of these Athens Insiders Tours guides knew their topic and provided our group of 6 with a wonderful day. C.C. was knowledgeable and passionate about the Acropolis, museum and history of Athens. Yannis knew the streets and food vendors and provided a fun, satisfying and very tasty tour of the side streets and eateries of the area. At different shops we sampled coffee, sausages, sweets, olive oil, meat market, etc. Between the two tours we covered over 6 miles of historic Athens and its many savory wonders. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Wonderful. Thanks C.C. and Yannis.

1  Thank Mick L
Reviewed September 30, 2019

I had the pleasure of having the first tour on my trip to Greece with Yannis Ninos. I was glad to have had this tour on my first day there because he gave me a great introduction to the different kinds of foods that I later encountered in the rest of my trip. Because of this tour, I felt comfortable knowing what I was ordering in restaurants and whether or not I would like what I ordered!

After 6 different tours in Greece, I feel confident in saying that this one was the best by far! Yannis himself is what makes the tour special. I feel that he took the time to get to know me and really personalized the experience. He also provided a lot of great information about Greek food and the country itself in an interesting way. He kept me engaged and interested for the whole 5 hours.

I recommend that you book this tour as your first in Greece and that you book it with Yannis! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank ak2283
Reviewed September 28, 2019

George led us through the heart of Athens, into traditional businesses specializing in foodstuffs both familiar and exotic to us. He was an excellent guide through the central market and streets devoted to produce or other essential goods. His own expertise in food preparation and cuisine enhanced our many hours with him on a beautiful day in Athens. We highly recommend this tour and our guide.

Reviewed September 27, 2019

George's walking tour of delicious Athens food was terrific. As a professional chef, his knowledge of food and cooking really added to the experience. We ate a lot of marvelous Greek food and heard the back stories. Also saw and learned about some secondary ancient sites along the walk. We did the tour the afternoon of the day we arrived in Athens, so the market was closed, but the four places we visited and the discussions along the way made it a great intro to Greece.

1  Thank L217ZFmichelem