Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Athens Insiders
from US$577.06
from US$160.42
from US$235.44
from US$244.68
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2019

My mother and I spent a day and a half in Athens on the way to Ikaria. I knew that after flying overnight, we'd struggle to rally and explore well. I set us up with a private curated tour with Athens Insiders, and it was the best decision we could have made. After asking us a series of questions about our interests and goals, they tailored an experience that was perfect for us. A perfect balance of learning, eating and shopping! Yorgos was the most informative tour guide, taking us through the market and different neighborhoods, feeding us well, showing us great street art, finding us great places to shop, and providing us with never boring conversation. It was great! Would recommend this to anyone looking for a well curated experiential tour in the Athens area.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed October 25, 2019

We spent a wonderful few days with Athens Insiders exploring Athens (1 day) and then the Peloponnese (4 days). The planning stage with Stefania was very responsive, with ideas going back and forth until we arrived at the right trip.

In Athens we did tours with two excellent guides aimed at our five year old: one a tour of the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum and the other a walk round Athens focused on Greek myths. Our daughter was really engaged with the guides doing really well to keep her attention through the day. We learned a lot ourselves too.

In the Peloponnese we visited some big name sites like Mycenae and some less obvious areas like the Mani Peninsular and in the mountains. All were very interesting, with great food and guides to the ancient sites. We particularly loved our time at the Guesthouse Arhontiko, which was like a night in the home of the wonderful couple who own it. Our trip was crowned by Yannis, our guide/driver who was incredible throughout, extremely informative, good fun and great with our daughter.

Reviewed October 21, 2019

We had a walking tour with Yannis and it was incredible!! It was just my husband and I which was great, but would be fun for a larger group as well. Yannis was incredibly intelligent and very well versed on the history of Athens, as well as current events. We got to see some of the more popular neighborhoods, but also areas that we definitely would not have seen without doing this tour. We saw beautiful street art, had Greek coffee and Greek desserts. We loved our time and it was SO worth doing. Especially with Yannis, he was so much fun to be with!!! Highly highly recommend.

1  Thank Bailey G
Reviewed October 16, 2019

If I were on death row, I would want Chef George to prepare my last meal! He taught us how to purchase food and prepare for a great meal this is one is personable. He was fun he was personable and we highly recommend Chef George to anyone. We tried to hire him to come to the US to be our chef but sadly he declined.

Reviewed October 16, 2019

Nikki was awesome and personable. She was punctual and went above and beyond. She was very knowledgeable about the area and the sites she showed us. We would definitely recommend Nikki to anyone.