“Great hosts...lovely, cozy apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
The Master Bedroom The Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Balcony
The view from the balcony (one side)
A sunny day
Cozy, quiet and clean
The TV and air-conditioner
Kitchen
A cozy kitchen for two (oven)
A cozy kitchen for two (toaster, juicer...)
A cozy kitchen for two
A cozy kitchen for two
Refrigerator and microwave oven
The Master Bedroom
There is a lift in the building
Hallways
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
WestBerli...
West Berlin, Canada
“Great hosts...lovely, cozy apartment”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at this affordable apartment for just over a week. The neighbourhood felt very safe. The apartment was very clean and tidy and contained everything we needed. There are a number of markets close by and an excellent bakery just at the corner. The metro station is less than a 10 minute walk away.
As has been said in many earlier reviews, the best part of this accommodation are the hosts! We were in touch with Christos and Katerina many times before we arrived in Athens, and felt like we were meeting old friends when we met them for the first time at the airport. What lovely, gracious, kind and helpful people! We would definitely stay there again, but hope they will come visit us first!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hosts and the bakery nearby
Friends getaway
martalorc
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Athens on a shoestring, very pleasant”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This little flat is very basic, but it's clean and air-conditioned, and has loads of character. We were in Athens a few days and wanted to get an authentic experience of the city. Our accommodation was in the heart of a working class suburb, where the cornershops offer the best olives I've ever had, at about a euro a handful.
There was also a food street market just up the road from us on the saturday, which is something that needs to be experienced. Also, we were a 5 minute walk from the Metro, which made our sightseeing easy.
I loved this accommodation, because it was authentic Athens, and I really felt as though I was living another life for a couple of days. Also, our hosts were incredibly kind and helpful. They met me at the metro station just past midnight on my first day to give me the key and show me the flat. Thank you Christos and Bill...if we are ever back in Athens, I will be looking to stay in your flat again.

Liked best: The authenticity
Liked least: Nothing I can think of
Tatjanusk...
Belgrade, Serbia
“very pleasant hosts, the apartment exceptionally clean, nice and cosy”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

The owners were truly nice and the apartment had everything I needed. It was exceptionally clean and tidy and had all necessary utensils. I loved the balcony. In the vicinity there are two good supermarkets, while metro station is 5 minutes away which I found really convenient. What I liked the most is the beautiful church dedicated to Saint Panteleimon close to the apartment.
The apartment is ideal for two.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Anuradha...
“Totally agree with the ad title - Cozy flat in Athens near Metro”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

This is a very convenient and comfortable place to stay in Athens. As a clichéd expression I wouldn't say – “Believe me it is true”, I would rather say, stay at Katerina's apartment on Alkamenous street and you will agree with me! It was a home-away-from-home experience for me.
As I was travelling alone, choosing Katerina's apartment was the best thing I did. The apartment has everything one needs while staying there as a tourist. The apartment is so conveniently placed that not only buying our daily requirements or travelling within Athens was convenient, travelling by intercity train or travelling by ferry from Pireaus port and returning to the apartment was equally easy.
Since the time I contacted them, a year before I actually landed there, Katerina's son Christos was very prompt and honest in providing details about the apartment and other information about traveling in Greece. Since Christos and Vasilis picked me up from the airport till Katerina dropped at the airport, they were there for everything I needed. When I was away and I had to shift apartment because my bookings with Katerina had lapsed, they took care to move my luggage safely. After returning to Athens I had to just go to the other accommodation, everything was taken care off. I felt lucky to have found such wonderful and trust worthy people in an alien country.
It was not only Katerina, her husband and son, even her brother, mother and her friends were so welcoming and accommodating, I don't think I would have such pleasant experiences if I had taken any other accommodation. When they got to know that I wanted to go to Meteora, they offered me to stay at their house in Kalambaka. Katerina went there a couple of days ahead of me and received me at the railway station.
Katerina's friend Fanny took us around Meteora to acquaint me with the monasteries I would visit in the next two days, daring the hot afternoon sun she stopped wherever I wanted to take pictures. I felt I couldn’t have asked for more, and guess what... more was yet to come! In the evening Katerina’s brother took us to cooler places around Kalambaka... Diyava... I can’t forget the fresh fruits he bought for us... and gave Oregano and tea to me to take back to India. As I didn’t rent a car to drive around Greece, I don’t think I would have seen such beautiful places while travelling by bus or train.
The next day at Kalambaka, Katerina cooked vegetarian meal for me at her mother’s place and everyone ate vegetarian meal because of me... I don’t think anyone would go to that extent to make their guests feel comfortable.
I can't forget the evenings I spent Katerina and her friends, chatting till late in the evening or the evening when Fanny took us on a drive to Trikala. We walked around the main streets of the town while people watched football match on the side walk restaurants. Then, having dinner at Katerina's house balcony till late in the night and exchanging our other travel experiences and laughing... these are the memories I will cherish all my life.
I can go on and on... I have not mentioned a lot of things I enjoyed, because other people have already mentioned in their review or they are mentioned in the ad on TripAdvisor.
After actually staying at the apartment and experiencing Katerina's hospitality I didn't find any exaggeration in reviews I had read on this site.
Go ahead and book this apartment... you will not regret it.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Host's sensitive understanding of the guest's requirements.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Tulls2
“Everything you need”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

A great place to stay in Athens. Good location close to public transport, wonderfully helpful owners and a comfortable well provisioned flat with everything you could need.
The Saturday fruit and vegetable market in the street was an added bonus

Orladagma...
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A treasure in Athens”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Our stay at Katharina's apartment was the best part of our entire trip to Greece. She and her son Christos picked us up at the airport and were so friendly and warm that we immediately felt among friends. Our welcome in Athens felt even more like visiting friends when Katharina presented us with homemade jam and spanakopita. Both Katharina and Christos were so helpful and open and gave us the best first impression of Greece. We have never been recieved with such friendliness anywhere else. Very soon it didn't feel like we were visiting our land lady, but that we were visiting old friends. They even invited us to dinner when we came back to Athens the next time and showed us new parts of the city.

The apartment was perfect. Nice and clean and with everything one could need on a holiday in a big city. The kitchen was well-equipped, and the whole apartment was very cozy. Not least because Katharina decorated it with fresh pomegranate branches. The apartment is well located and is only a short walk from one of the central metro stations. There is a lift in the building. Close to the apartment is a nice bakery and a supermarket.

We recommend everyone that is going to Athens to stay in Katharina's apartment. Thanks to her hospitality, kindness and interest in other people, your stay there will be the most memorable part of your travel, and may even result in a lasting friendship. We very much hope to see Katharina and her family again in Greece or in Denmark, where we hope they will visit us sometime.

Orla and Dagmar

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality and friendliness of the hosts
Liked least: Nothing - everything was perfect
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
idealistm...
Greater London
“Great Location, Amazing Host, Awesome Flat for the Price”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Probably is the best place I have ever rented and stayed. We statyed there for 3 nights but how I wish that we could have spent more time in Athens based in that apartment. This includes all the hotels across the world we have stayed in, believe me I travel a lot. The location is just few minutes from the Metro, the flat is more than adequate for 2 people, was in impeccable condition with every amenities that you can think of including a small balcony.

Now the BEST part, the owners. I'm biased because now we are friends but that doesn't stop me from telling you how awesome our first meeting with Greek people was. I know Greek people are good hosts in general but the family that owns this flat are genuinely nice people with big hearts and money is probably the last thing in their minds. They all speak decent English. They kindly offered to pick us up from the Airport in car, when we reached there Katerina (the amazing motherly greek land lady) was there to welcome us with her sumptuous home baking and delicious jams, even though it was pretty late. Next morning, pretty early, as we were about to go out, we got another delivery of Cakes and jams ! In our last night in Athens kindly they invited us to their family home and boy, never seen that amount food in my life together in a single table. Katerina is a great cook, her son Christos a budding Telecommunication engineer (a gifted musician too) are both good conversationalist. The whole evening of tasting local liqueurs and dining with the family still makes us wanting to go back again. They are friends now and keep saying this was one off, they don't treat every guest like that (I doubt that thoroughly) :) if you go there and meet Katerina & the family you can verify that for yourself.

This is the best apartment in Athens in you can find for the price. The hospitality is just the cherry on the top.

Liked best: Balcony, The Kitchen, The People, Location
Liked least: twin beds
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
24 Oct 2013
Dear Hillol and Chandrayee,

This was literally the best review we have ever received for our apartment! Thank you for your nice words. You have to know that when you come to Greece again you have friends here! :-) We really miss you and would love to see you again when we can come to London or when you come to Greece again!

Katerina, Christos & Vasilis.

P.S. We are waiting to show you METEORA when you come to Greece again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing