Athos Hotel
Hotels.com
NJV Athens Plaza(Athens)
US$614
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroof gardengreat locationtiny roomcleaned dailyquiet streetside streetwithin walking distanceupon checkyour luggageclean roomsfew minutes walkhotel roomvisiting athensgreat view of the acropolisstar hotelairportsyntagma
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The staff on reception at the Athos Hotel could not have been more charming or helpful. For instance, I have a mobility scooter which I cannot get around streets or museums without. Each day of our stay (nearly a week) they helped my partner to haul this in and out of the hotel and taxis, making it much more possible for me to manage a visit to such a historic city. Fortunately for us they spoke excellent English, which made communication as easy as it could be. They researched museums, their locations and opening hours, for us when there was the possibility of unexpected closures because of demonstrations and the local Marathon. They gave us good advice about local restaurants, and when we were too exhausted from sightseeing to move, they ordered takeaways for us — our Greek is too pitiful for us to have been able to order anything for ourselves by phone! We consider that the hotel was good value, especially considering that it was very well-located for both 'high' and 'low' culture — archaeological sites and museums, and shops and restaurants. We would stay there again if we were fortunate enough to be able to do so. By the way, there is a parking garage opposite the hotel. It is very expensive, but if you need a place to park your car in a very busy city, that is not unexpected. We found the staff here very helpful too.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
25  Thank Rita D
NIKOS G, Front Office Manager at Athos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for choosing Athos Hotel during your recent stay in Athens. Customers satisfaction is of our primary concerns and we are delighted that we enabled you to have a memorable stay. We look very forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We enjoyed our stay very much, we will recommend the hotel to our friends and will visit again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
26  Thank edward e

Dear Guest, it is always a pleasure to receive so kind reviews. Thank you for choosing Athos Hotel for your visit in Athens and for your time to write on TA. Our aim is to make your stay special and memorable. We are looking forward to your next staying with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Room Tip: I stayed at Hotel Athos from September 30 to October 6, 2011. Sadly this stay became a nightmare. The second day I went out for a walk. I had only some money in my pocket. The rest of my things were in my room which I thought were safe. I was out for about an hour and when I came back someone had unlocked my door and taken everything from my room. I lost my laptop, system-camera, digital camera, video camera, wallet with 150 euro, driving license, passport, mobile phone, wedding ring and credit card. Noe one had broke up my door, it was locked up or someone had open it with a tool of some type. I went to the reception and they called the police. The police came after a couple og hours, but they didn't anything. They didn't even look at the room. Of course this incident spoiled my holiday. I just wanted to go home, but I had to stay because I had to get a new passport at the Embassy, and new plane tickets was to expensive for me. Please note that all keys to the rooms are stored very visible in the reception of the hotel. Anyone can see who is inside their room and who is out of the hotel. I asked if they were going to do something with the locks, but no. The hotel manager, Nina, didn't seem sorry at all. The nice English girl, Fiona, gave me a warm hug when I left the hotel. There's only one thing to do: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
12  Thank EmmetTill
NIKOS G, Front Office Manager at Athos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear Sir
Thank you for adding your review comment regarding your stay in ATHOS Hotel.
you are the first person that claims that our Hotel is not secure( we have never had any simmilar incident like yours.) Please note that it would be quite helpfull to add in your comment that the police has not verified your room door as "broken" and that the document provided from the behalf of the management for your insurance company clearly states that the mentioned incident has been recorded after your personal claims and only.
Finally please note that you forgot to mention that there is a Reception desk employee 24Hours in the Reception therefore there is no access for anyone in the Hotel's key holder desk.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This little hotel just a 15 minute walk from the Acropolis is a great place to stay in Athens. As it's right in Plaka, one can walk around to all the great nearby shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean and the air conditioning is great in the summer months. There's a really cute little roof deck that is wonderful for sitting with friends and enjoying the view of the Acropolis. It's reasonably priced, and while the breakfast isn't amazing, it's fine - a buffet with yogurt, fruit, toast, coffee, juice, etc - and it's 5 euros extra. It is an easy walk from Syntagma Square, which makes it great for hopping on the metro to the airport (about a 45 minute trip).

Room Tip: The room on the 6th floor has a fabulous view of the Acropolis, but may be loud if people are sitting on the roof deck
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
28  Thank SybilAB

Thank you for your review and your comment. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our central location, the amenities and our customer service. We look very forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Athos hotel is located around 15mins walk to the acropolis. It is very close the Plaka where you can buy souvenir and have dinner. The hotel is a bit old - But it is clean!

We were told when we checked in that there is a "American Breakfast Buffet" that we can have by paying an extra 5 euros. So we thought we might give it a try. BAD DECISION! We were having breakfast at around 8:30am, and there was literally NOTHING there. The "scramble eggs" were pale off white colour and it looked like they only use 2 eggs to make that thin dish of scramble eggs. You cannot call that a buffet! Aside from the scrambled eggs - there was yoghurt and and (no joke) 3 slices of processed ham! That was what they called the American breakfast. We sat for a while, and more people came to the breakfast area - by the time this place was nearly full - they didn't even bring out more food nor did they make more of that pale off coloured scrambled eggs.

The manager asked us when we got back to the hotel that day whether we would like to have the breakfast again for the next day - Hell no - i wouldn't even have it if it was for Free!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple