“Convenient location and wonderful staff”
Review of Pan Hotel

Pan Hotel
Ranked #48 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here with our teenage daughters several times on a recent trip, and found it to be a great base for exploring Athens, walking distance to most tourist destinations and very close to travel links (metro, airport bus, etc).The Pan Hotel is a budget hotel and could definitely use some updating and a more inspired breakfast, but we would definitely stay here again. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful; we especially appreciated Christos helpfulness.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy_traveler61
There are newer reviews for Pan Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2011

This 3* Hotel has excellent location next to Syntagma Square. The staff are very friendly and the room was large with A/C. The shower was nice but the bathroom was a bit worn. The breakfast was average but overall was an adequate hotel for a short stay in Athens with excellent location to get to all the sights and the staff were extremely friendly. They managed to get us a night taxi during the taxi driver strike.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leisuretraveller11
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at Pan´s Hotel for a conference in Athens (April 2011). I chose this hotel because it is located a few steps away from Syntagma Square (in my opinion the safest and most central area in Athens) and for the excellent price and reviews written by other customers. I am happy to say that they were right, this is a cute and convenient hotel. I was traveling alone, so safety was very important to me. The location is also perfect, in walking distance to almost anywhere (Akropolis, Plaka, etc) and a few steps away from the metro (underground). The area is excellent, full of shops (souvenirs, Zara, H&M, El gato shoes, etc), restaurants, patisseries, cafeterias, etc. The rooms (at least mine) have been renovated recently, with new furniture, new bathroom appliances, new curtains, and beautiful hardwood floors. My room also had a small balcony, and a huge wardrobe. The air conditioning is also new, modern, and very silent (it works great, which is a must if you visit Athens in summer). My room was beautiful although not luxurious (small for US standards but perfect for me), and the staff cleaned it beautifully everyday. The staff of the hotel is excellent, very friendly and helpful with itinerary recommendations, taxi calls, etc. Breakfast was included in the price and was quite good for European standards (croissants, toasts, ham, cheese, cereals, milk, juices, yogurts, coffee, tea, and canned fruit). I only missed having fresh fruit (for me it is a must) but you can find small street vendors outside the hotel if you want to buy it. I paid around 220 euros for 5 days (which I think is an excellent price). The only thing this hotel needs to improve is changing the TVs, which are outdated, making fridges work better (my minibar was not cold enough to make ice), and creating a small business center (a computer and a printer close to the reception desk would suffice). Other than that, this is an excellent hotel for the price. You have to pay for internet service but it is very cheap. I recommend this hotel to everyone who loves to travel and does not want to spend all of his money in a five stars hotel. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Athens.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sur149
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The rooms were small and needed to be upgrated, but the hotel staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. Christos in particular is an asset to the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was very small, but it needed a facelift.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sweetpea386
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The location is very good, close to the Plaka, Acropolis and many restaurants.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

Room was fine, comfortable and clean, but the bathroom, and shower specifically, was tiny. Water went everywhere and I couldn't move without hitting the sink or tap.

Wifi costs, bit not too much.

Breakfast is simple but adequate.

All in all a decent budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 18 April 2011

If we were to stay to the initial room which they gave us then I would definitely rate this hotel much worse (I uploaded pictures from both 8th and 2nd floor rooms, for you to see and compare yourselves). They gave us a room on the 8th floor, tiny,tiny, with a problem in the bathroom. At first we thought that we can survive with it and overlook all the rest, like the size and how old it looked and the view from the window which was the back of an old building. The reason was that it was the only floor that had double bed rooms instead of twin beds. But then we tried to open the A/C it made such a massive noise that you could hear it from the corridor outside (not kidding, we tried closing the door and went outside and could still hear it like someone was digging in there). We were very lucky and they had a triple room on the 2nd floor and they had no problem to move us there. Well, no comparison. Ask for a room on that floor only if you choose this hotel. It is far more spacious, has a nice view of the street, not noisy at all and has nice wooden floor. The mini bar has very good prices, theTV set is old CRT and small 14" and they charge you for Wi-Fi in the rooms. Not that it was expensive but I find it bad policy, since for them it costs nothing to have wi-fi all over the hotel (trust me, I'm Greek, I know how much I pay for internet at home and at work, and the cost is close to nothing for a 24MB connection). Breakfast was very basic but we didn't need more anyways. The location beats everything. Central and very good value for money if you look for this hotel in the right online booking sites. We paid 140euros for 3 nights. Everything is 5 minute walk and the Syntagma square/metro/bus to airport is 4 minutes walk. Food 24/7 just on the corner (McDonalds, Everest etc) and a very nice tavern just across the hotel. Tavern is a bit pricey for Greece but they have the best spinach salad I ever ate in my life. It's a must eat place. We loved it!

Room Tip: 201 if you are a couple and 202 for triple room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Close to the bus stop that takes you to the airport! Clean, tasty simple breakfast. You have to pay for internet, but it is reasonable. 5 Euros for 10 hours.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple