All reviews fish cafe acropolis museum walking tour laundromat downstairs great location backpackers hostel small kitchenette free breakfast bunk beds living room rooftop bar walking distance from acropolis acropoli metro station little things stayed nights min walk laundry service
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently had the chance to stay at the Athens Studios on my way from London to the Greek islands. I chose the Athens Studios base don word of mouth recommendations and arrived with an open mind. Let's just say the staff, location, friendliness of the owners and conveniences did not disappoint, rather left me thrilled with my choice of hotels. The location is very central and only 3 or 4 minutes walk to the nearest Metro station which is the Acropolis station. This ideal location offers you the best of what Athens has to offer all within an easy walk around from the hotel location. The rooms were small, but well appointed, not lavish, but clean, tidy and offered a comfortable feeling. The owners also run a friendly pub which is downstairs and when I was there features a quiz night on Monday and a karaoke night on my final night a few days later. Besides the pub, there is an on-site laundry facility, an internet cafe and to my delight a wonderful little restaurant serving fantastic dishes that were not only well prepared, but very affordable!
My next stop through Athens will be with a few friends and the Athens Studios will be my first choice for booking. Well done, Athens Studios!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Athensstudios, Manager at Athens Studios, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hostel in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I run study abroad programs in Athens, Florence, and Paris for University students, and I wish Athens Studios would expand to Florence Studios and Paris Studios just so I would never have to stay anywhere else!

If you're looking for plush bathrobes and jacuzzi tubs, this isn't your spot. But, if you want a nice flat in a great location, a festive atmosphere, and helpful staff at a budget price, you've found it. Athens Studios provides simple, clean, spacious (by European standards) apartments two blocks from the new Acropolis museum.

There's a simple (hostel style) breakfast available downstairs every morning, and a cafe with lots of other tasty breakfast options, if you'd like something more elaborate. That same cafe, the Fish Cafe, serves tasty fish and chips and stunning hamburgers in the afternoon. Also downstairs from the apartments, you'll find the Athens Sports Bar, where you don't have to miss a minute of cricket or Aussie rules football, and you can occasionally catch a glimpse of some other sports. After a hot, sweaty day in Athens, it was awfully nice to come back to a 10e pitcher of Mythos and relax only a few steps from my flat.

The Studios have a lift, so you don't have to climb the stairs if you don't want to. The kitchens are equipped with all the basics. Towels and Sheets are provided and changed regularly.

I get a little confused when I read some of the negative reviews posted about AS. After staying there for more than 3 weeks on two different occasions, I am very confident that they are diligent about keeping the place clean. My apartment was spotless. And, since there's someone at reception 24/7, I'm really not sure why someone didn't go downstairs and say something about the noise that was bothering them. In my experience, the staff worked very efficiently to solve problems and make everyone's stay comfortable. I didn't have any problems with noise or disturbances (at the height of the summer backpacking season), but I know if I did that someone at the desk would've helped me out.

I have no complaints about this place. None. Go check it out.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Charlie T

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am glad to hear that we will be your top choice when you visit Athens. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

As a solo traveller I was looking for somewhere close to the main tourist areas of Athens and also close to the port as I was going to travel to the islands for a few nights.

I originally booked Athens Backpackers but it was full so they transferred me over to Athens Studios which is about 5 mins walk away. The room was perfect, so much space for myself and the 5 other room mates. We all had a locker each, a shared fridge, good bathroom facilities and a nice comfortable bed. I did not even close my suitcase or lock my locker but my things were always left untouched, even when I went away for a few nights.

This place is perfect for solo travellers looking to hang with cool people, I met so many other nice travellers from all corners of the world and we shared some funny stories. I had been to Athens 3 months before but stayed at a hotel and my sister and I hung out here and the Sports Bar everyday. This time around it was the same deal, the owners (Dan, Mick & Ed) are so nice and welcoming it made me feel like home away from home and thats what I really look for in a travelling holiday. Plus I got hooked up in Santorini by Ed who runs Studios, so I stayed at a really nice hotel for dead cheap and had the best time! I have made some awesome friends in Athens thanks to these guys, plus me and Terry the dog are now homies.

Thanks a gazillion and keep up the amazing work :D xx

Room Tip: If you are a solo traveller definitely book a larger room that helps you get to know people.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hostel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area gain soon, don't hesitate to call us.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

After moving away I needed to come back to Athens on business so I booked in here. This is my favorite hotel/studio because for a price HALF that of surrounding hotels you get comfort, friendly international staff, great bars with cheap delicious drinks and a great night's sleep. The free breakfast is nice but what I loved is that you can "upgrade" to a full English breakfast and have a great cappuccino for next to nothing! The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable and the balconies are a perfect touch. They have a hostel a few minutes away where the party goers stay and the Studios are newer, quieter and suited for privacy. I'll be booking here every time I'm in Athens!

Room Tip: Book on their website and if early enough ask for a double or queen bed!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

A clean and well positioned spot used by me on business trips to Athens.A friendly and very helpfull desk staff with a sound knowledge of the local area.Excellent value for money.The building is close to the newly opened National museum and easily reached if coming from the airport by train or bus.Very handy for restuarants. Hard working domestic staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Traveler. I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. On your next visit, we are happy to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area. I hope to see you again soon.