All reviews fish cafe acropolis museum walking tour laundromat downstairs great location backpackers hostel small kitchenette free breakfast bunk beds living room rooftop bar walking distance from acropolis acropoli metro station little things stayed nights min walk laundry service
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at Athens Studio for two nights and wished i could stay longer. The studio is spacious with kitchen and balcony, very clean. Free Wifi. The location is perfect, 1 minute walk from the Metro station and a few blocks away from Acropolis. There's a restaurant and sports bar downstairs. A lot of fun! Besides, the rate included free breakfast. The girl named Yota, who works at the reception desk was lovely and very helpful. The other staff George is informative and friendly. Over all, it was a great experience. I'll definitely go back if i visit Athens again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mimi369
Athensstudios, Manager at Athens Studios, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

After a lengthy flight from Toronto via Turkish Airlines, I was a tired and desperately needing a quiet clean and reasonably priced place to stay for 2 nights while in Athens. I found that in Athens Studios.

I arrived rather late, around 10:30pm from the Athens Airport via the metro (€8 Euros) - the Athens Studios is a mere 3 minutes away from the Akropoli Metro Station. I booked with booking.com and though their directions to the Athens Studios were wrong (I ended up at their sister hostel property called Backpackers) the staff there quickly directed me the right way. After about a 7 minute walk I was where I wanted to be.

I was greeted by a friendly staff member and was checked in and made my way upstairs to one of the studio apartments with en suite bath, living room, kitchen, tv, WiFi and a 6 bed separate bedroom. Unfortunately another guest staying in my room had accidently turned the air-con to fan mode earlier that evening and the place was HOT, but no fault of the Studios!

The Studios has great WiFi, a Laundromat, a Sports Bar with ice cold Greek Draft and a wonderful restaurant called the Fish Café (where they serve the Studio's complimentary breakfast) and where you must splurge and enjoy their famous "Fish and Chips" at least once while staying there.

The staff were great, the location amazing (just a few minutes to the Akropoli Metro Station, The Acropolis and The NEW Acropolis Museum) and for €22 Euros a night - a total steal. I absolutely recommend this upscale hostel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff P

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hostel in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed over at Athens Studios after coming back from Ios. Great location not to far from all the attractions. Choice of 2 bars which is a plus and if you miss your fish and chips it even has tastey tucker there as well. They sorted a shuttle ride again for us to the airport avoiding the taxi drivers. Arranging with carltheconcierge.com. Nice guy.
All in all was a great stay. .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and loved it! Downstairs at the sportsbar, they had the afl on! Big spacious rooms and very centrally located. Not a big lift so you get fit pretty quickly. We left our bags downstairs for a night after checking out and it did feel when we picked our luggage up that anyone could have gone down there and taken it. But overall, good place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently had the chance to stay at the Athens Studios on my way from London to the Greek islands. I chose the Athens Studios base don word of mouth recommendations and arrived with an open mind. Let's just say the staff, location, friendliness of the owners and conveniences did not disappoint, rather left me thrilled with my choice of hotels. The location is very central and only 3 or 4 minutes walk to the nearest Metro station which is the Acropolis station. This ideal location offers you the best of what Athens has to offer all within an easy walk around from the hotel location. The rooms were small, but well appointed, not lavish, but clean, tidy and offered a comfortable feeling. The owners also run a friendly pub which is downstairs and when I was there features a quiz night on Monday and a karaoke night on my final night a few days later. Besides the pub, there is an on-site laundry facility, an internet cafe and to my delight a wonderful little restaurant serving fantastic dishes that were not only well prepared, but very affordable!
My next stop through Athens will be with a few friends and the Athens Studios will be my first choice for booking. Well done, Athens Studios!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Athensstudios, Manager at Athens Studios, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hostel in the near future.