All reviews fish cafe acropolis museum walking tour laundromat downstairs great location backpackers hostel small kitchenette free breakfast bunk beds living room rooftop bar walking distance from acropolis acropoli metro station little things stayed nights min walk laundry service
Reviewed January 13, 2018

Five stars for location and staff. Young people should definitely stay here or the associated backpackers. Families should also consider the Studios an excellent option. We stayed here for the second time (first in 2009). A six night stay was broken in to two stints. The first stint in room 14 = 5 stars. Second stint in room 11 was more like 31/2. Little things can make all the difference, like an airer for clothes to dry (+) or a toilet so close to the shower you have to change your whole procedure to operate successfully (-). Pre arrival support and assistance was outstanding.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Athensstudios, Διευθυντής at Athens Studios, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear Traveler. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that our staff made your feel at home. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hostel. Our location is definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hostel. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Athens and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences. Hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

The second day, in the evening, a girl from the help desk came into our room and said that she was really really sorry but we had to move to another room because her boss booked our room to a group without telling her (don’t they have a booking system???)

Anyway, for the disturb she said we could have one beer for free. We refused it, but didn’t have any choice and we negotiated a refund of 10%. Better than nothing, but moving after you settle really sucks, not worth the little refund I got back, if I could choose.

The same girl, after I asked if there was a place still open to buy toothpaste, laugh at me like I was retarded and say that nothing is open at 10pm on Sunday. I thanked for the info, got out and there was a mini market open right beyond the corner where I found the toothpaste.

Not that she had to know everything, but say “I’m sorry I don’t know” would have been much more appropriated.

The day I checked out I got back to my room at 10:30 (checkout is at 11:00), the cleaners where outside and already removed the old sheets and blanket from my bed, they moved away my clothes and my towel disappeared. When I told them they said they put it in the laundry as they thought it belonged to the hostel.
I haven’t seen any other brown towel, anyway after waiting a while I got it back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Athensstudios, Διευθυντής at Athens Studios, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping and management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Amazing location, 3 minutes to the bottom of the Acropolis. Many great restaurants surrounding the apartment. Super clean, fresh air balconies are a huge plus. Big rooms, I had a private which included a bathroom. Small bathroom, but overall very accommodating!
Definitely would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank kokopetrie
Athensstudios, Manager at Athens Studios, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hostel in the near future.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

I always take location and price above all; I plan NOT to be in the hotel !
This was as super find; great value compared to other local options. 5 minute walk to the Acropolis south entrance and museum. 2 minute walk to pedestrian mall with a nice assortment of restaurants - the Arcadia across from the metro stop is highly recommended; walk toward the Acropolis museum from the hotel; Arcadia is halfway.
The room is very recently refurbed; new bathroom facilities; floors and furniture - so very clean. Also with a small kitchenette, tho we never used it.
Breakfast in the AM at the cafe next door; standard offering somewhat limited; but also a menu you can order from.
Staff was more than helpful, and there 24 hours.
There's a related hostel; Backpackers Studio 2 blocks away, same company. No experience there other than a nice place for an evening drink on the roof terrace wit with a great view of the Acropolis. Highly recommended for touring couples !!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am glad to hear that we will be your top choice when you visit Athens. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

This hostel/hotel is in the middle of Athens. Right in the middle of it all. Its budget friendly and pretty spacious. My boyfriend and I booked a studio, it had 2 sets of bunk beds, a kitchen, bathroom, living room and little deck. This place has the minimum, but it was cleaned, and they would clean the bathroom every night.

The facilities below include: a bar, a restaurant and laundry service

Breakfast is not worth mentioning..

The hotel does offer a walking tour with Andrew. This was amazing. We met him downstairs at the bar at 10am. He took us on a tour of Athens off the beaten path. He shared stories of the history of Athens and showed us little things only Greeks would know. This tour lasted for 3.5 hours and it only cost us 7Euro per person.

I cannot recommend this place enough because of the tour it offers.

Even if you do not stay here, I recommend trying to come to his walking tour.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Athensstudios, Manager at Athens Studios, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017