“Highly recommend!”
Review of Welcome Pickups

Welcome Pickups
Ranked #8 of 184 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to arrive to in one of our many cities from the airport or port. Book a trusted local driver to pick you up and introduce you to the destination, pre-order travel essentials and get all your questions answered before or during your trip.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I used Welcome Pickups at the suggestion of my Airbnb hosts and wasn't disappointed. We were picked up at Athens Airport and it was easy to find our driver, who was funny, amiable, and safe. It felt a bit more personal and secure than getting a taxi at the airport.

We then booked another transfer to and from Piraeus. Again, our airport transfer driver helped us to book, which made it easy, and he was our same driver that morning! Upon arrival back into Piraeus, our ferry was cancelled and we were over an hour later than expected -- our driver waited without complaint and had a big smile upon our arrival. We were so grateful.

Lastly, our return to Athens airport was easy and on-time. We were so pleased. I would highly recommend using Welcome Pickups. They took all stress and hassle out of transportation. If you're considering using them, just book it!

Oh, and great tunes in some of the cars. :)

Welcome P, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Pickups, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are so happy that our airbnb hosts are recommending us to their guests! We love to hear that! We are so glad that you enjoyed your service and transfers - are drivers are the best local ambassadors! Best, Welcome Pickups Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,621)
All reviews
"pickup service"
in 23 reviews
"pick ups"
in 54 reviews
"highly recommend this service"
in 57 reviews
in 25 reviews
"taxi driver"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a very easy way to get into Athens and not be taken to the cleaners by unscrupulous taxi drivers. I paid about 28 euros to get from the airport to my hotel on Makri street. The driver who picked me up was willing to help learn to pronounce some survival phrases and let me know the sites we were passing. The service was so good, I decided to use them to take me back to the airport. They give you a bottle of water for your trip and when you first arrive, you get a canvas bag with a map in it. i liked their map better than the map provided by the hotel. You also get to rate your driver and the service.

We are happy that you chose to use us and had a good experience! We hope to see you again! Best, Welcome Pickups Team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The service was recommended by our hotel and we decided to go for it. Our driver was timely welcoming warm and friendly. His driving was courteous and the 40 minute ride was perfect. The car was very clean and well maintained. We were given gift bag with a map and some brochures as well as complimentary bottles of water.

We are glad you took your hotel's recommendation and had a great experience! Best, Welcome Pickups Team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would not recommend using Welcome Pickup service in Paris. They are not reliable company.
Before leaving USA on 03/08/18 I ordered a taxi from the hotel (located near the Louvre, right across Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois) to Charles de Gaulle airport for the trip on 03/29/18.
On 03/25 Welcome Pickup sent me email w/ assigned driver name and photo.
But 03/28 they sent email to inform me “that we are unable to offer you a pickup service in Paris on the 29th March due to unforeseen events related to a driver availability”.
Fortunately, I had enough time to order taxi w/ another company

Welcome P, Manager at Welcome Pickups, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We do not see a reservation under your name or aligned with the details provided, in our system but we do apologize for cancelling your transfer. We never wish to cause our travelers stress and are working tirelessly so this does not happen to others. Please email us with your reservation number in order to resolve this. Thank you, Welcome Pickups Team

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our Welcome driver, Michail was waiting for us as we exited the airport. As he drove us into Athens he became an enthusiastic tour guide, suggesting things we might do and see during our trip, and helping to orient us. He even had a couple of bottles of cool water set aside for us. Because of his helpfulness and excellent driving skills we immediately booked a return trip to the airport at the end of our vacation. We are very cost-conscious travelers, but when we realized that on our arrival in Athens we would have been traveling for 20 hours straight without sleep, the small investment in the services provided by Welcome Pickups was easily worth it. Our flight leaving Athens was scheduled for 6:30 am, which meant a hellishly early start and little sleep the night before. Again, it was easily worth it. My wife and I are seniors and the stress and strain of negotiating an unfamiliar subway system at the end of a long flight or at a very early hour on the return journey is far from ideal. As I said earlier, we are cost-conscious travelers, but for us Welcome was more than worth what we paid.

We are so happy that you had a stress-free experience and that you could relax with your Welcome! We hope to see you again during your travels. Best, Welcome Pickups Team