“Amazing restaurant! ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

An amazing place where you can find a comfortable style with fantastic food. Big mention to the grilled fish and octopus! Nice pasta and good/light fries. Huge portions but high quality.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

A large selection of dishes, especially seafood. Friendly service, average waiting time for the order (about 30 minutes, 40 minutes for fresh fish dishes). The food is really tasty. Good prices. But there are a few drawbacks. No one speaks English, we had to show the waitress with finger what we wanted to order. When we wanted to order more water, we had to communicate through a young Greek man who was sitting inside and knew English. The menu is illegible, a lot of information written with a pen or sticky notes attached. Badly translated fish species that don't exist in English language. That was funny :-) We can order a portion of chosen fish or get whole kilogram :-) The other thing happened when we got our check. 11€ more to pay... We checked it three times. Most likely that they have added a tip or a price for the paper tablecloth, plates, cutlery etc. that we have used while eating. I have no idea. We left, we wanted to leave a tip anyway. I don't know if I would like to visit this place again. The food was very delicious but other disadvantages discourage me somehow. If someone doesn't care about other cons and wants to eat good and fresh greek food. Go on, I recommend it :-)

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Excellent fresh fish perfectly cooked, nice place, superbly appetizing. You should definitely try SAMIAKO GARIDAKI

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

What can I say?
In short, we'll worth the visit off the beaten track.

Location:
Set on a relatively busy road, out of the main city centre, but you're not coming here for the views... You're coming for the food.

Menu:
The usual split of Greek on the left and English translation on the right with prices in the middle. Some have stickers with hand writing on them which isn't the most eligible but ho hum.

Background:
I arrived from a taxi, costing €3.50 from the yacht harbour and took about 8 minutes at about 2200.
I hadn't eaten since 0800, apart from bar snacks at the harbour at about 1700.

Service:
The owner (Gianni? And wife?) don't speak English, but that is not the slightest of an issue in my eating opinion!

Ordering:
I sat down, signalling that I was eating alone and quickly fingered through the menu.
I ordered a Mythos (lager beer), octopus, shrimp (advised to order it on the menu) and pointed at someone eating mussels.
I also tried to order a half carafe of white wine (very unlike me as I like red wine but they only had white & rose on the menu) along with a salad. This is where the language became fun... We both knew I wanted salad... And no matter how much pointing at the menu was done (by the owners wife?) I couldn't care less what salad I had (as long as it wasn't the €7 option) but as long as it had tomatoes.

I ordered the Mythos to tide me over whilst the food was cooked and to fill my lonesome time.

Delivery:
Within seconds my mythos was placed in front of me.
Within another minute a huge salad appeared... The same size as for the family of 4 French people next to me that sat down 30 seconds after I did. They seemed pleasant and nice people. Salut.
Also a plate of half seasoned and toasted bread.
Within 2 more minutes a leg of octopus arrived. What rapid service. Some may not like this but I for one appreciate it.
A few minutes later, the mussels, huge and enough for two to share as tasting.
8 minutes after this, a huge plate of King prawns.
I once again asked for wine as they were walking past with a half carafe and they immediately placed it on my table, quickly reappearing with a glass and another carafe for the first (intended) drinkers.

Taste:
The salad was great, fresh, artisan. Lots of oil but unnoticeable in my opinion.
The bread was perfectly toasted, but I only had one piece as was more interested in the salty delicacies.
The octopus leg was brilliantly cooked, not tough in the slightest although the menu mentioned it was from frozen. Slightly caramelised and charred but not over done. A good size also.
The mussels were perfectly done, streamed in their own basic way with a little garnish so they weren't overpowered in the slightest.
The shrimps... Now we had a discussion on these at the time of ordering as there are 4 different types.
Type A
Type B
Shrimp portion
And another...
I think I ordered portion option as the first 2 were by weight and I understood the word fried?
I received about 10 King prawns, Head & tail on but shelled, with the hint of a batter... Maybe like they had psoriasis batter (in not a fan of batter). These were cooked nicely but not particularly to my own personal taste... However I wolfed them all down. Probably out of sheer greed.
The white wine was very sweet, but I'm not a white wine drinker so my palate could well be off and should not be trusted by anyone.

Throughout:
I was waited on attentively, without pressure, and a sly wink from Giannis?
The atmosphere was great, lots of locals, and a typical Greek feel with wooden chairs, paper table clothes, oil, vinegar, salt & pepper shakers and an abundance of needed napkins.

Price:
I think I personally ate the same as the family of 4 next to me with 2 teenage daughters (they also had what I think was baby squid and it looked amazing... Food envy) but I detract.
For a large salad, toasted bread, octopus, mussels and shrimps, along with a half carafe of wine and a mythos, the price came to €46
(Including another half carafe of wine mentioned later)

Toilets:
Better than most, spacious, hand wash, automatic hand towel dispenser and even a serviceable lock on the door!

Other points:
I sat outside, under a wooden cover where fans were plenty.
Inside there is air conditioning.

Conclusion:
Brilliant, simple seafood, tasting how it should without too many chefs additions distracting from the natural taste of the source.
I will come back here again... I need my wife to experience this in person... Not just from my photos whilst she quaffs a pot noodle or something whilst I'm not there to cook her something half decent.
I'm going to order another half carafe of that sweet? White wine whilst I'm here... Yassus

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We went here based on reviews from Trip Advisor. Our two American families traveling back from Aegina came here for dinner. We made a reservation since there were 8 of us. Being American, we eat early based on European standards so it wasn’t too busy. The owners were super friendly and took our whole group to the small kitchen to pick out our fish. Our kids loved that. I’m not even sure what exactly we had but tried several varieties of fish that were fantastic. Very reasonably priced and they tried hard with us while experiencing some minor language barriers. Will recommend this place to friends traveling in the area. It was one of the best dinners we had.