“Food only OK, but large portions and nice environment”
Review of Stoa Rakadiko

Stoa Rakadiko
Ranked #5 of 380 Restaurants in Piraeus
Price range: US$17 - US$21
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of the prettiest hidden places of pireus an arcade of 1897 where you can enjoy from typical greek mezedes from all over greece...Like ladenia, tsirbiri, apaki, and marinated fish... To black angus steak, greek black pork, or for fish lovers...King crab legs and King Crab Leg Pasta! Please note that between the the 7th till the 9th of April 2018 the restaurant will be closed for Easter holidays. The restaurant will open again on Tuesday, 10th of April at 13.00. Thank you for your understanding.
Reviewed October 21, 2017

I picked this restaurant based on others' reviews, and I wasn't disappointed. The space is probably the strongest aspect of the restaurant, as it's located inside a peaceful stoa, well protected from the noisy streets of Piraeus.
The waiters were friendly and helpful, though there was a little mixup with our order (one of our orders was lost somewhere along the way). The prices were very reasonable - I'd say lower than what I expected. The food quality was quite decent, though certainly not excellent. Basically nothing wrong with it, but having had meals in countless other restaurants in Greece, I feel I can offer a good opinion. The fennel pie was too greasy, only a shadow of what one can find in Serifos or Santorini; the tzatziki a bit too mild - perhaps to accommodate tourists, but I want plenty of garlic in my tzatziki; the cheese balls mostly weren't (it was more like a dumpling with a bit of cheese in it).
The portions were gigantic, however, so if you're after quantity (for as little money as possible), this is a great choice. I would perhaps go again, solely on the basis of the nice atmosphere.

1  Thank MySweetShadow

Reviewed September 28, 2017

The restaurant is not the easiest to find, but make the effort, it's worth it. We're not fans of large groaning platters but prefer small plate type stuff. This place is ideal for that. We had 4 or 5 dishes, all were excellent. My favorite was the smoked chicken stuffed with cheese. The dessert of crushed baklava with ice-cream was also super. Our dinner for two with a 1/2 liter of wine was under 35 euros

1  Thank gddeluca
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Visited while stopping over in Piraeus for a night. Nicely laid out restaurant with very friendly staff we had the fresh Cretan pasta, shrimps , Calamares and potatoes , all really good. Would very much recommend if in Piraeus for a day.

1  Thank Brian Q
Reviewed September 6, 2017

This was our definitely our favourite restaurant during our time in Greece. It was recommended by our hotel. Its entrance is so unassuming, you would have walked right on by without realising it was tucked into a quaint little stone cobbled alley. The food was amazing, fresh and value for money that we not only went for dinner, the very next day, we went back for lunch just to try their other dishes. When you're here, do not pass up on their Cretan Handmade Pasta in a wheel of aged Siros Gruyere Cheese.

1  Thank Genevieve L
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

For a simple lunch of authentic Greek food, friendly service and attractive rustic surroundings, Piraeus can't offer a better option! It is 3 minutes from Piraeus Theoxenia Hotel, nice lodgings for many cruise ship passengers before or after sailing.