Me and my husband and 2 children age 12 and 15 stayed here for 2 weeks in august this year. their are pros and cons to this hotel. We hired a car for 2 weeks which we thought was essential, this hotel is very isolated, their are taxis available but unless you want to pay 8 euros to aghios nikolias and 8 euros back it can get expensive ,its too far to walk. the weather reached the high 30s most days but it does get cooler around 8oclock at night. The apartments and grounds are lovely and are well kept .We thought the price for 2 weeks with the room only for 2700 was expensive,the apartments are not worth 1350 a week, the sea view rooms were 1000 more.we had a standard one bedroom with a balcony
which had 2 beds in the kitchen, dining room and 2 beds in the bedroom,there is air conditioning in the bedroom , but very old and noisy and a fan in the wall in the kitchen which is even noisier.kettle , toaster , cofee maker , hairdryer provided, no corkscrew had to buy one.television in the bedroom 8 channels german , 8 channels greek ,1 bbc world news english and 1 american cnn, which i think is like this in every country you go to. The pool are is large and well looked after ,you dont have to get up to get a sunbed there are plenty, people dont get up until 9 ish. 2 lifeguards on duty all day , plus a pool man with pool towels who is also a lifeguard.pool bar which overlooks the sea and english music is played
here all day from every era .Large beer is 390 euros which is not a pint and soft drinks are 260 which are in a small glass and a re always flat, free crisps and nuts put on your table with your drinks, they also serve cocktails,spirits, milkshakes 4 euros and bar food which consits of 2 things hotdogs 330 euros and a toastie thats it.Main dining room is outside and serves breakfast and dinner,brekfast is 10 euros for adults and 5 for kids , dinner 20 euros adults 8 for kids and 24 euros on a cretan barbecue night. breakfast usual things pancakes,eggs ,bacon cereal ,fruit cakes, coffee tea juice,dinner consists of salads not alot of choice, meat ,fish vegetarian meals chips ,potatoes, vegetables not fresh ,the only downside is the meals are cold unless your there when they replenish them, there is an alacarte restaurant but i dont think there is a lot of variety there it sells pizzas 9euros,hamburgers 950 and chips aswell as fresh fish by the kilo and lamb chops , pork etc
cant comment on the kiddie club, my kids were to old, nothing for the 12 plus kids to do except a games room which opens a 5oclock till 12 which has pool,hockey table and a couple arcades which you have to pay for it also has a bar prices same as hotel.They have a small beach which is okay not brilliant but it is nice to swim in the water , you can hire a pedalo or go out on a inflatable dinghy pulled by a speedboat for 15 euros each.There is a small shop on site but food and drink is limited and is more expensive than the supermarkets.The entertainment is okay the cretan night barbecue night is better with the dancers, there is a piano man twice a week who looks like peter stringfellow and plays an electric organ that has songs on it and he sings along to it not great and magic tony which the kids like, and a couple guys who play greek music thats it.This hotel is predominately german, with a few greeks, russian , dutch and french on a couple of brits but that didnt bother us , this is definetely not a package hotel. Aghios nikolias is very expensive, the town is a very busy port , spirits and cigarettes are double the price of spain 23 euros for a bottle bacardi,voda etc.THere are restaurants everywhere more expensive round the harbour which they harass you to come in to as you walk round which got on my nerves. Would i come back to crete, no its far too expensive, whould i stay at the candia park village, lovely place to stay but too isolated and very expensive. staff worked hard and dont no about the last review about her camera but we left money and phones cameras and ipods on the table in the rooms and had nothing taken, are maids were lovely,gave us abottle of olive oil when we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Cretan style village right on the sea between Aghios Nikolaos (3.5km) and Elounda (5km), from which a frequent bus service connects with both villages.The airport and capital City of Heraklion are 65 km away, and all the fascinating attractions of the island can be reached by full or half day excursions. The village is comprised of 222 units of different types, set among 65.000 square meters of gardens. All units enjoy the same facilities including individual air-conditioning / heating, direct dial telephone, safety deposit box, TV, fridge, facilities for light cooking, filter coffee machines, hairdryer, private bath and shower and large terrace or balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Candia Park Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candia Park Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Crete/Agios Nikolaos, Greece