This is a lovely friendly hotel in the beautiful Mirabella Bay in Agios Nikolaos. We had a superior room at the front of the hotel which was extremely clean, spacious, well appointed and overlooked the bay. Doesn't feature in the British packages but found it through Bookings.com and Expedia. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff were very happy and friendly. There are nice gardens, 2 small pools and plenty of sunbeds if you want to laze around. We enjoyed swimming in the nearby bay. Food was also good; breakfasts especially with a great selection of fresh fruits, salad, cheese, hot and cold meats, eggs and fresh breads.
It is a 3* Hotel but seemed much better than this. We have stopped several times in the 5* Mirabella just up the road and it was far nicer than this.
We chose it due to the proximity to Pelagos Diving Centre. This is run by Stef and his team and is the best place for diving and other water sports we have been to. Also recommend the Stavros Taverna 100 yards up the road where you will get very reasonably priced snacks and meals and excellent service from the lovely Mrs Stavros whose catch phrases are 'no problem' and 'lovely jubbly'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vasia Ormos offers stylish accommodation in Superior Double Rooms & One Bedroom Suites, comforting amenities and facilities, friendly service and Crete's warm hospitality. Its prime location, in front of a beautiful physical bay, offers the perfect setting for your holidays! An ideal place for those seeking a tranquil vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vasia Ormos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ormos Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Vasia Ormos Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos, Greece