You can hardly touch anything in the Casa Delfino without being impressed by its quality - from every offering at the breakfast table through comfortable linen, beautifully constructed marble bathroom (where for once in Greece the water goes where is it meant to and not all over the bathroom floor), right up to chromed hinges on fine hardwood shutters. As they say - no expense spared - and incredible attention to detail. The staff are terribly polite, and charming too. In most places in Europe you would expect to pay at least 50% more for this quality.
There is a but. While every individual detail of our sizeable suite was perfect, the total was less than the sum of its parts. The room was modern and in a soothing grey... everywhere. Grey walls, grey furniture, grey fabric... no complaints about modern design and something minimalist in the decor, but just grey...? The living room was large and had its own TV but it felt spartan. Two sofas and a chair were placed against walls and bore no relation to eachother - it felt a little like the waiting room of a Swiss dentist and there was nothing there which invited one to linger.
In summary, we in no way begrudged out 200-and-something euros for a night as the value is really quite good. On another occasion,however, we would most likely accept a lower level of perfection to find greater charm and warmth in interior design elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Delfino is a 17th-century Venetian palazzo that has remained in the same family for centuries. With just 24 rooms and suites, decorated with a mix of bespoke furniture and antiques, Casa Delfino is both intimate and exclusive. A pebbled courtyard of hand laid mosaics is a romantic oasis where guests can read, relax, or simply soak up the serene ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Delfino Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa Chania, Crete