“A good and cheap hotel”
Review of Hotel Haris

Hotel Haris
Ranked #83 of 111 Hotels in Chania Town
Reviewed 31 July 2017

The hotel is located at the very end of the Agia Marina town, very close to the Platanias town. The hotel is on the beach that is not in the great condition, but not far from the hotel you can find beautiful beaches (200 - 300 m away). In the yard of the hotel there is enough parking space.

The room are spacious and very simply furnished. Room are decently clean. All rooms are air-conditioned and have safe deposit box (costs 10 EUR per week).

Breakfast and dinner are modest, but very tasty.

Wi Fi is not so good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Aleksandar J

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We ordered Greek pizza and cocktails. It was the worst we ever had! We saw waitress how is taking frozen pizza from freezer worth 7€, we could go to store and buy it. How is hard to make fresh pizza. Cocktails were terrible, no taste. We asked to change but they didn't care. Service terrible.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mateja Š
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is a bit older, but very clean and well kept. It's a family hotel, and all of the staff are really nice and friendly. The rooms were cleaned every second or third day. The food was buffet style, and was very good, enough choice for everyone's taste. The pool was clean and relatively empty during our stay, which was great, because we had a red flag and seroius waves for a couple of days of our stay. The beach is right in front of the hotel. It's a sandy beach, but the entrance to the water is full of stones, however, once you get past them, the water is clear and the sea floor is covered with sand. All in all definitely would recommend this hotel for a stay, and I would really like to come back here some time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Loved the hotel, very near a nice beach. Staff was very pleasant, the rooms cleaned everyday. Food was pretty good, I especially loved the Greek yogurt for breakfast and the variety of food for dinner.

Only true complaint I have is regarding the WiFi. Very weak signal throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Very nice hotel with an awesome location and great view. The rooms may be small,but they are keept very clean and neat,I thought the bed was to hard,and in five minutes the cleaninglady brought me an extra mattres!!!. It has a nice pool area,and if you preffer the ocean,the beach is just a few steps away.
The staff is by far the nicest I have ever meet. They go above and beyond to help you with everything!
A special thanks to Iro at the desk who did way more for me then her job. This woman called everywhere to help me save a sick cat that I wanted to adopt. She is awesome and has a heart of gold!
When I go back to Crete I will always stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We loved this hotel, great central location right on the beach, clean and tidy, rooms cleaned daily, they make towel origami. Polite and helpful staff. Food was acceptable but we dined out three times to enjoy more of the Cretan experience. We would come again it was a very nice pool based holiday. Well worth the price we paid.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sipzoo
Reviewed 12 June 2016

I stayed here mid-May , managed to get 7 nights half board for £82 so thought it would be worth a look at that price !
Room 225 had a sea view (I suspect most of them do) and was fairly basic but clean enough and the bathroom was adequate with a few free toiletries.The beds were not overly comfortable but I've had worse.. The Greeks don't seem to like deep comfy mattresses so fairly standard.There was a balcony with the standard 2 chairs + table overlooking the sea.No kettle in the room just a fridge and a hair drier.The safe cost 10E for the week.
Food was simple with a mostly cold "continental" style breakfast , there was a toaster plus cereals, yoghurt some "fruit" juice and coffee out of a machine.There was also a range of sliced meat and cheese/salad that was recycled as standard for the evening meal which again was adequate no one will starve here but I did dine out a few nights.
A simple and pleasant enough place which seemed to cater mostly for German/Scandinavian/Polish holiday makers I did not hear an English voice while I was there.. not always a bad thing.
Staff at the hotel were all helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1.3 km away
Amalthia Beach Resort
Amalthia Beach Resort
#13 of 111 in Chania Town

Been to Hotel Haris? Share your experiences!