We arrived in mid April, just after the Greek Easter weekend. On our arrival we were informed that although the resort advertised the use of 10 restaurants and bars, only 4 would be available to us during our stay. The reason for this was that due to a low number of guests they had reduced their staff. Also that this was low season. Neither reason/excuse was acceptable to me. Either the hotel is open, as advertised and as expected, or it is closed.
On the first night, in the only dinning facility on offer, the menu consisted of tomato soup with a side salad as a starter - no option; take it or leave it - and a main course of beef or fish. For a "Deluxe Resort" this was not the level of selection we expected nor the quality, as the beef although ordered rare, came up well done. This could easily have been due to the focus of attention for all the staff being on the owner and his guests, who ate in the same restaurant but had a completely different menu, whilst all the guests looked on. A buffet service was put in place after feedback was given to the management but this still was very limited.
The website and the information we received did not say, at any stage, that there would be reduced facilities. In our rooms and on the hotel's information screens they still advertised all the facilities. Disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete