honeymoon summer 2011.
First room not bad (no wow factor) but moved to a fantastic villa on periphery of resort (south eastern corner but at significant cost when we were told that is what we were supposed to be in originally as part of the honeymoon free upgrade but hey ho), very secluded, private pool and sun all day.
Although a road runs between the accommodation and the beach, it gave the chance to "watch life go bye" so personally quite happy.
We did eat out a number of times in local village (5min walk) as pricey in resort.
Main thing though was thoroughly enjoyed the break and bought booze in village when needed which was a 10th of price of room service/mini bar.
Restaurants were only above average to be honest and a very fishy theme which I was happy with but "significant other" less so
Would definitely go back but would would look for deals/offers to ensure in a villa as the rooms were good but not memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda