The Mistral
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sunny Suites Apartments(Maleme)(Great Value!)
US$39
Hotels.com
Hotel Mythos Beach(Maleme)(Great Value!)
US$40
Futura Hotel(Maleme)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$39
  • Restaurant
Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel(Maleme)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$29
Maleme Mare(Maleme)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewssingle travellernew friendssingles holidayother guestsdeluxe roomwalking weekno pressurewine tastingfirst timershouse partylong tabletwo weeksdietary needstravelled alonesolo tripgreat conceptindependent travellers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have just returned from a week at The Mistral Hotel - I had a fantastic week. The staff are friendly and could not do enough to make my holiday more enjoyable, comfortable and stress free, the key being they are all passionate about their hotel, for them it's not just a place to work. My room was beautiful and of an excellent standard. I was booked on a half board basis and the the food was all home cooked Cretan dishes with ingredients locally produced. A wide variety of trips are on offer and are very well organised.
I also met some wonderful fellow guests who I will be keeping in touch with. If you are a solo traveller and want to do your own thing in the day time but want the company of like-minded adults in the evening then this is the place for you. There are no expectations except that you are having a good time.
I very rarely return to a place twice but I will most definitely be returning to The Mistral - this is not just another hotel but could quite easily become a second home.

2  Thank Jo-E19633103
Reviewed 5 June 2012

If your idea of the perfect holiday is full English breakfast, hamburger and chips, sleeping all day on a sandy beach followed by clubbing all night then this is really not for you. If, however, you like to experience the food and culture of the place where you are staying then the Mistral is perfect.
The staff are wonderful, attentive and nothing is too much trouble for them. With a buffet style breakfast and 5 course dinners you will never go hungry! The food is fabulous, all fresh, home cooked and for the most part grown in the hotels own gardens. There are also tavernas a few minutes walk away along the beach side if you want a change of scene.
The local bus service (air conditioned coaches) is every half hour so visiting Chania, Kolimbari to name but 2 places, is easy as well as fun. I would recommend the trip to Elafonnisi Lagoon and at least once to Chania.
All guests are independent travellers of all ages and from diverse backgrounds. Inevitably there will be people you do take to but many more that you do. There are people who have visited many times but I found by introducing myself I soon found myself amongst friends. I haven’t laughed so much in years.
It really is a holiday where you can do as much or as little as you please and I would definitely go back for another visit, there still so many places left to visit.

Room Tip: If you are concerend about the noise from the bar at night and want a quieter room simply ask when you book.
1  Thank Pauline289
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I can honestly say I have never had such good food, amenities and customer service on any trip before (and I have travelled a lot) - it's such a "hands on" establishment, friendly, v comfortable and all the food is sourced from their own gardens - I will go back (which is rare for me!)

5  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Just back from a really great week at this wonderful small Hotel which offers really comfortable accommodation for solo travellers. It is the friendliest place I have ever stayed and I have rarely felt so comfortable away from home. The food is amazing, all home cooked, locally produced, delicious and Cretan. There are two pools so you have a choice of a quieter pool at the back or lying out near the bar. The Hotel is extremely clean and well maintained.
The staff are fab, nothing is too much trouble and if you want to feel really pampered and spoilt then this is the place to come. I should add that I also had one of the best massages I have had in years......I have every intention of returning, hopefully often.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
4  Thank Helen J
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My best ever singles holiday. A holiday diamond! I thoroughly enjoyed my first stay at the Mistral Hotel. It was like a breath of fresh air compared to other single holidays I have been on and I am so glad that it was recommended to me. The staff are wonderful and cannot do enough to make you feel at home. The two people that are stars are the british receptionist Donna who was fantastic and Adonis who is from Crete who could not do enough to be more helpful. The hotel is spotless with thoughtful touches of a good size electric kettle and good quality olive oil based toiletries. Other pluses are that the wifi, chilled water and beach towel are free.

There’s a well stocked bar staffed by cheerful, helpful and considerate bar staff. The dining tables are lined up so that you can all eat together which is a great ice breaker. The food is good and the courses go on forever! The food in Crete is a tonic: it’s so fresh and flavoursome. There’s plenty of free wine which as a beer drinker, I will be honest I’m not a connoisseur but the wine the hotel has chosen is really nice, very coiffable!

I spent half my time on excursions and half my time round the pool: I recommend Elafonnisi lagoon and Chania. I met some exceptionally nice and very interesting fellow “travellers”. It was great, it was like a home from home. It was relaxing and great fun: unforgettable.

5  Thank AngieMeehan