“A perfect holiday environment for people who live on their own.”
Review of The Mistral

The Mistral
Reviewed 12 October 2017

This was my 8th visit to the Mistral following the death of my wife and it is like having an extended family. The owners and staff are professional and caring and the wide mix of guests are stimulating. I have just enjoyed the hotel's October walking week with 20 like-minded people and I would recommend the hotel to anyone who is concerned about holidaying on their own.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent with the standard rooms on the front and the Luxury rooms at the side an...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This was my third visit to the Mistral and once again lived up to expectations, the management and staff were attentive as usual and the food was varied, well cooked and presented and certainly not skimped on portions, I am sure I put on weight !!
I booked three weeks this visit taking the walking week as my third week and if you enjoy a challenging walk in beautiful scenery this week is well worth the supplement, highly recommend it. I will return next year as there is always a good mix of single people and no pressure to join in if you don't want to. 10 out of ten for me.

Room Tip: I personaly opt for a deluxe room at the rear facing West, quieter with fab sunsets.
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I have just come back from a weeks holiday at the Mistral. If you fly in to Chania on a tuesday they will arrange transfers.
The staff could not do enough for us during the heavy rain and strong winds for 4 days.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This was the first time away on my own - not sure what to expect! From my arrival and welcome hug from Donna I felt reassured. Each trip out exceeded expectations and did compensate for the poor weather conditions. Food at the hotel was superb and I am a convert to Greek food. The absence of some Greek entertainment was disappointing. That said the all the other guest were very friendly and the attitude of the staff was fantastic. Thanks to you all. I'll be back. x

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Another wonderful holiday at this gem of a hotel. From catching up with old friends, making new ones, the food, the comfort of the rooms, and especially the brilliant staff, this really is an oasis of fun and relaxation.
More like a house party than a hotel.
There is a good range of trips, free cocktail tasting on a Weds afternoon and even an impromptu aqua aerobics session.....haven't laughed so much for ages!
If you travel alone and are fed up of being alone on holiday then look no further, The Mistral could well be the answer.

Room Tip: Sea views at the front but overlook the bar, quieter rooms at the back.
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

2 days back from my first visit to the mistral. If anyone has any doubts about going on holiday alone, dont, just do it. Was my first time travelling alone and although i was a little apprehensive, all that went out of the window as soon as i arrived. The owners went out of their way to help you. The rooms were excellent. Maybe lacked a tv. The idea of everyone sitting together for dinner is a great one. You have no option but to mix then. Met a lot of lovely genuine people and i can honestly say, i havnt laughed so much in a long long time. If my circumstances are the same, i wont hesitate to jump on a jet and get back there asap. I will certainly be recommending the mistral to anyone who's single.
Greg s

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2017

The best sunshine holiday I have had in a very long time.
I loved socialising at the pool bar after dinner,
And dancing the night away.
The hotel, room, staff, food, excursions are all to a very high standard.

Thank you, sorry, but I wiil be back.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room on the corner overlooking the front pool, I had no issues with it.