All reviews new friends single traveller singles holiday other guests deluxe room no pressure walking week house party independent traveller two weeks long table dietary needs first timers owners and staff exclusive excursions everyone eats together travelled alone
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I celebrated my 50th birthday at the Mistral hotel and I had the time of my life!Everything was 5 star- the food and wine, the staff were very friendly, the rooms and premises were clean always. One of the best hotels. You feel very safe.I highly recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2017

This was my 8th visit to the Mistral following the death of my wife and it is like having an extended family. The owners and staff are professional and caring and the wide mix of guests are stimulating. I have just enjoyed the hotel's October walking week with 20 like-minded people and I would recommend the hotel to anyone who is concerned about holidaying on their own.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent with the standard rooms on the front and the Luxury rooms at the side and back of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank John L
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This was my third visit to the Mistral and once again lived up to expectations, the management and staff were attentive as usual and the food was varied, well cooked and presented and certainly not skimped on portions, I am sure I put on weight !!
I booked three weeks this visit taking the walking week as my third week and if you enjoy a challenging walk in beautiful scenery this week is well worth the supplement, highly recommend it. I will return next year as there is always a good mix of single people and no pressure to join in if you don't want to. 10 out of ten for me.

Room Tip: I personaly opt for a deluxe room at the rear facing West, quieter with fab sunsets.
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I have just come back from a weeks holiday at the Mistral. If you fly in to Chania on a tuesday they will arrange transfers.
The staff could not do enough for us during the heavy rain and strong winds for 4 days.

2  Thank williampotter32
Reviewed October 4, 2017

This was the first time away on my own - not sure what to expect! From my arrival and welcome hug from Donna I felt reassured. Each trip out exceeded expectations and did compensate for the poor weather conditions. Food at the hotel was superb and I am a convert to Greek food. The absence of some Greek entertainment was disappointing. That said the all the other guest were very friendly and the attitude of the staff was fantastic. Thanks to you all. I'll be back. x