“Well, it was first for me ..........”

Kefalonian Robola Wine Cooperative
Ranked #50 of 147 things to do in Cephalonia
More attraction details
Owner description: We are proud to be able to handle some of the noblest Greek grape varieties. We aim to produce wines that reflect the uniqueness of the Robola and the other local varieties. We are quite happy to watch over the wines during their formative stage and intervene only when necessary.
Reviewed 25 June 2012

OK, so I have visited vineyards all over Europe and the US. Seen one, do you need to see another? YES. Simply because you do get to taste the local wine at the place it was made.
Nothing can compare with that experience - even IF you have heard the details of how wine is made many times before.
Yes, I was looking forward to tasting Robola wine - a first for me. Yes, they are proud of their product, and so they should be. Is it ever going to take the place of Chardonnay? No. But then, it is not intended to do so. It is wine, made BY the local community, largely FOR the local community and the occasional tourist. Yes, it is exported around Europe see their website www.robola.gr for details.
Did I buy? Yes, a bottle of the only wine NOT available for tasting - a sweet wine, a blend of Muscat & Mavrodaphne grapes!
My visit was organised by a travel company and yes, we paid for that excursion. I do n ot know if an entrance fee was part of the excursion cost, but booking ahead would tell you. We were served local cheese and biscuits and the combination worked well.
The crunch question; would I recommend a visit? Yes. If you are on the island on holiday and like wine it is a must. After all, just how long can you lie on a beach in the blazing sun?
Go for it.

Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for the time to write a review.
We are very proud of our local product, an effort of 300 members of the cooperative.
Entrance is free and no booking in advance is needed.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Situated in a beautiful valley the tasting was varied, although I did suggest that the white wines should be chilled before presenting for tasting

Reviewed 25 May 2012

unfortunatly an uninteresting event, with below par wine, just wanted the trip to end ! sorry guys but not for me.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Wine not as good as hyped imho - even left the samples ! more of a sales pitch than an interesting visit....

Reviewed 5 January 2012

If you like wine, you must visit The Robola Wine Cooperative. You will recieve a tasting (If organised beforehand), and a very comprehensive presentation. The visit will take you from the beginning to the end of the winemaking, all of which is extemely interesting. Wine is available to purchase, Red.White and Rose' at a ver good price.

1  Thank UkDarcy