All reviews one night old town archaeological museum parking place kind staff nice location small parking rooms are clean hesperia wifi city boulevard sheets greece disadvantage
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I stayed at this hotel for about 4 days and booked it in a hurry. For the price I paid, I don't think it was a great value. The room was adequate, breakfast was a typical selection of breads, jams, etc. but I've had much better at cheaper hotels throughout Greece with fresher produce and wider selections. I had a mixed experience with the staff, the first man I met when checking in was friendly and hospitable but the other I spoke to when checking out was a bit rude. Next time I will check for better hotels in the area that offer a better value.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
esperiakavala, Front Office Manager at Esperia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2018

We would like to thank you for choosing Esperia hotel in kavala for your stay and taking the time to comment.
Your feedback motivates us to constantly evolve and provide high quality services to our clients.
Your comments have been taken into consideration and forwarded to the relative department.

Hope you choose Esperia hotel in the future, so that you enjoy a better experience of our services!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Very good place, clean small rooms, friendly staff, very good breakfast. Very small parking for about 10 cars. The room was with small balkoni, not good view. Air conditioner, small fridge and TV in the room

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We booked based on photos on the internet. Obviously there are some better rooms than the one we were allocated, our room on the 5th floor was barely worthy of 2 stars. The mattresses on the beds (2 singles for a couple) were like sleeping on a wooden board, they were so hard, we are left with aching backs. I woke several times during the night with pins and needles in my hands because of the hard mattress. We asked reception if they had any other rooms with softer ones and were told that they are all the same. When we entered the room, it was obvious from the smell that people have been smoking in there, despite there being a balcony outside that had a view of the rear of other apartment buildings, and not the “city view” that was promised in our booking. The bathroom was exceptionally bad. Found hairs on the sink and also on the towels. The shower was so tiny, and you stand there with the shower curtain clinging to your body, wondering how many other people that curtain has touched! There was also plenty of mould around the tiles, I’ve attached photos...The breakfast was very limited and you’re better off going to a nice bakery or something. The freezer was so frozen over, we could fit an ice tray in it, however it ironically didn’t freeze!! Would never stay here again and definitely wouldn’t recommend it. We have travelled the world extensively, this hotel at the bottom of the list!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

i was in this hotel only for one night with my family, i am very satisfied, the room was very clean, the bathroom very clean, good view room, nice location,kind staff, good wifi, i will stay there for long, but the rooms were booked, i will suggest and i will go again and again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Excellent location;
Kind staff;
Clean rooms;
Good wifi;
Free underground parking;
Good breakfast;
Easy to walk to promenade;
A bit noisy at night time due to the heavy traffic in front of the hotel.

Would definetelly come back!

Date of stay: June 2018