“Horrific treatment by staff”
Review of Container Art Cafe

Container Art Cafe
Ranked #367 of 1,148 Restaurants in Thessaloniki
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were stopping for a cup of coffee. As I often do, I headed first for the restroom while he found us a seat outside. As I was entering the restroom a male employee grabbed my bag by the strap and used it to yank me out of the restroom. He then pushed himself in front of me to close the bathroom door and told me, “This is not for you.” I said my husband was getting a table that I was a customer and the man gestured for me to leave and said “This is not that kind of place,” before turning his back to me and holding his hand up in my face while doing so. I am an educated professional in her early forties, and was dressed in long black pants, a blouse, and walking shoes. I have never been treated so rudely in a place of business and the experience was humiliating. There was no call for it. People may like the food and drinks, but watch your back if you try to wash your hands before sitting down to enjoy them.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Quiet place with great quality music, ideal for reading and thinking. The people who work there are kind and clean. Do not hesitate to visit Container art Cafe!

Reviewed June 12, 2016

Everything from the sight (the Ancient Greek Market and Roman Forum) over the carefully, not at all overdecorated, subtly styled interior to the very good coffees (great, thick milk foam.... lip smacking coffee like in Italy), juices and cookies they offer. They also serve excellent preserved (sweet!) fruits and they never forget to smile and to have a wee bit of time for a small chat, for a kind word.

1  Thank Niko M
Reviewed April 19, 2016

Sharing a coffee with a friend, I felt we had one of the best views in the city as this overlooks the ancient Roman agora. It is the new cafe for the intelligentsia my friends tell me with classical music playing softly in the background.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed July 5, 2015

Great little cafe-bar opposite the Ancient Agora. Extremely polite and attentive staff. I came for breakfast and although they don't have a breakfast menu, they fixed a wonderful sandwich with fresh orange juice and great coffee with complimentary biscuits, all with the background of the beauty of classical music and the Agora.

1  Thank FrankSegovia