“DISSAPOINTED”
Review of Hotel Anessis

Hotel Anessis
Ranked #50 of 58 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Reviewed 25 May 2017

After booking 2 double rooms through Bookgreece, upon arriving to the location, they informed us that we had booked 2 single rooms and currently no availability, after arguing with them they finally gave us 2 double rooms, luckily I had a copy of the booking confirmation to prove it, they requested an additional €100. The mistake was between bookgreece and the hotel, but either of the 2 were willing to take the blame. Additionally it was impossible to reach customer support of bookgreece, but even when I did, they just its nothing to do with us. The hotel was nothing special, but wasn't worth the additional €100 I ended up paying for.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This hotel was not my first choice but my regular stay was booked up more than 6 weeks in advance . I chose it because I needed a budget hotel, where I would shower and sleep, and that is all. I can say it was modern, clean and tidy, functioning as you would expect and the hotel staff were very helpful, even to the point of moving me twice (room) per my own requirements. I would definately stay here again. Its about 15-20 minutes walk to Aristotle Place, which in my view is the popular centre of the main city. But there are many places to eat, drink and shop along the route. Taxis are subsidised and always cost €3.50 to and from the centre, and the airport run is always €18-€20, so dont bother ordering via any hotel website as they are more expensive. A €2 ticket will get you a 40 minute bus ride into the city from directly outside the terminal (no.79) but the city seems to go on forever so use your map app to give an updated location! (best network is Three with "feel at home abroad" as you will never pay anything for data useage abroad in europe)
As I said rooms are clean and tidy, linen clean, bathrroms clean and tidy, daily maid service... etc.
I would recommend for short or medium stays as long as you dont want to hang around hotel all day. Note: The AC wasnt turned on while I was there (outside temp 26-27') so I was very VERY warm in the room at night but it appears that AC only gets switched on once you are in the 30's in Greece. This is ok so long as you have decent windows in the room, allowing for air movement, hence my second room move (which was to a twin at no extra cost). Also take your mozzie repellants if in the spring and autumn!

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Very nice hotel near city center. Clean and suitable for families and couples.
I reccomend it to everyone. It's only 10 min walk to town center, you can park your car easily. Breakfast was a bit poor but can be ok for anyone i guess. Friendly staff and nice view from the 6th or 7th floor

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2017

i was in greece for a weeding, the room was arranged by the bride. it was ok. bed was nice, shower need to be better clean. breakfast was buffet style and it was a lot!. hotel can be reach very easily.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

In the context of urban thesaloniki the building is ok but in the context of a more afluent country its not great at all. The rooms feel cluttered and dark, and are quite old. The shower and toilet also leaked which didn't impress me.

That aside, the location and staff were great. Friendly and helpful the staff also have good English-speaking skills. We could walk to and from the town centre within 5-10 minutes, and plenty of shops and services close by.

All in all it was a balance of good and bad but hey it was cheap and the bed was comfortable so I'm not complaining

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017

We went for a business trip and stayed to this hotel. My co-worker put her jewelry in her small black box specifically for her jewelry and left it by the TV. Next morning we went down for breakfast and left for our meeting. We returned at lunch time went to our rooms and my co-worker's jewelry box disappeared. We checked everywhere and we couldn't find them in her room and bag. The receptionist came to us and she CHECKED out my co-workers staff and she said to us well "I don't know". The receptionist didn't even check the employees staff but they checked our things. Then the receptionist went and sat with the rest of the employees didn't even try to help us they didn't even asked if we need any help and they said they called the police we waited for 15 min and we called the police and they said no one has called them. If you choose to stay be aware!! Not recommended at all.

Room Tip: every room is pretty much alike
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We chose Hotel Anessis because it was somewhat centrally located in Thessaloniki. The room was nice and clean. But the first letdown was the fact that the control unit for the AC was non functional and we had to call the reception to turn on or off the AC in the room. The second big letdown was the breakfast room. Breakfast is served in a terrible room one floor below the reception. This does not make sense as the hotel has a somewhat nice room on the ground floor where breakfast could be served. I felt not valued as a customer by confined to the "dungeon" for breakfast. That's why we chose to have breakfast elsewhere the following two days. I'm really sorry to say but the breakfast place ruined my experience of Hotel Anessis.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple