Xenia Palace(Portaria)
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$58
Volos Palace Hotel(Volos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
  • Bar/Lounge
US$134
US$117
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Hotel Avra(Volos)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$57
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 10, 2015

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

If you look for a hotel in the centre of volos then check this out. The rooms are comfortable and recently renovated. It is clean. The hotel is located in a nice street. The only cons is that there is not a parking space which may be a problem on weekdays as parking around is not allowed. But it is fine on weekends and public holidays when stores are closed. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who looks for a good place to stay, close to the port, testaurants and other amenities.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

After reading all the reviews, I decided to stay at the Hotel Electra for 7 nights while visiting Volos. I had colleagues traveling there at the same time so I was able to compare their rooms and rates with mine. Their hotels were much, much better and there was only a slight difference in price.

Good things about the hotel: Room was clean and it was close to the port.

Bad things: People aren't very friendly there. The woman at the front desk who checked me in was not nice at all. They have a little back room behind the check in where some of the front desk clerks smoke, so when you arrive, the lobby smells like smoke. The hallways smell like smoke, too, so other guests must smoke in the rooms. I don't think that the staff really ever walks around the property. My hallway light was burnt out for a few days before being replaced. Breakfast was pretty basic. Two cereals, yogurt, canned peaches, 1 type of cheese, one type of sandwich meat, bread and filter coffee. A few of my friends stayed at the Xenia and their breakfast was out of this world and they paid only a little more per night to stay there. Also, I am not sure why they give me a fresh sheet every day, but it got a little annoying to have to make my bed every night from a folded up blanket and sheet on the bed. There was a nice big balcony but with no furniture on it.
They were nice enough to let me store my bag after checkout since I wasn't leaving until 3 pm. I came back to get my bag and wanted to use the WC before heading on the bus. I went downstairs to go to the bathroom and there was about an inch or two of water all over the floor. I promptly went back upstairs and told the front desk person (who was the woman who checked me in) and her response was "I know" and that was it. As far as I am concerned, they don't really want your business and money here so stay at Hotel Nefeli or Xenia. It will be a much better experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tclapper
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staying one night early september. Good location. Quiet neighbourhood. Good breakfast. Don't have maps of the city. Not very much visitors for this I can't say if there could be heard noise from other rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night In august after having thoroughly browsed and considered all available alternatives online in this price category and we were pleasantly surprised. The entrance and lobby is outdated, but upstairs all floors are renovated. Try a couple of Greek words with the receptionists, if you expect a smile back. Plus for newly renovated spacious rooms with what can only be described as a French balcony. Wifi coverage only in public areas. Skip the breakfast and go down to one of the seafront cafés instead. The breakfast is not very appetizing. The location is ideal for shopping, dining out and if you plan to go out to the Islands with a ferry. Even though I would recommend the Mountains of Pilion on the main land over any of the Sporades islands.

• Stayed: August 2012