See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2016

Its been a few years but, I called them from the bus on the way up from Athens. Panos answered the phone, and took the details, and did not seem surprised with a 'see you in two hours'
We arrived, and I think he remembered me. Swiftly accommodated, then he very kindly assisted me, with the usual travelers problems. Nothing too much of a problem and a great help.
Maria looked after us once again at breakfast, with a smile as usual. Account paid and off to the port for the ferry.
Lovely friendly hosts, and a quiet comfortable hotel - What more can you ask for.
Thank you once again, and best wishes to Alex - Ioannis apo Skiathos

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2015

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

If you look for a hotel in the centre of volos then check this out. The rooms are comfortable and recently renovated. It is clean. The hotel is located in a nice street. The only cons is that there is not a parking space which may be a problem on weekdays as parking around is not allowed. But it is fine on weekends and public holidays when stores are closed. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who looks for a good place to stay, close to the port, testaurants and other amenities.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

After reading all the reviews, I decided to stay at the Hotel Electra for 7 nights while visiting Volos. I had colleagues traveling there at the same time so I was able to compare their rooms and rates with mine. Their hotels were much, much better and there was only a slight difference in price.

Good things about the hotel: Room was clean and it was close to the port.

Bad things: People aren't very friendly there. The woman at the front desk who checked me in was not nice at all. They have a little back room behind the check in where some of the front desk clerks smoke, so when you arrive, the lobby smells like smoke. The hallways smell like smoke, too, so other guests must smoke in the rooms. I don't think that the staff really ever walks around the property. My hallway light was burnt out for a few days before being replaced. Breakfast was pretty basic. Two cereals, yogurt, canned peaches, 1 type of cheese, one type of sandwich meat, bread and filter coffee. A few of my friends stayed at the Xenia and their breakfast was out of this world and they paid only a little more per night to stay there. Also, I am not sure why they give me a fresh sheet every day, but it got a little annoying to have to make my bed every night from a folded up blanket and sheet on the bed. There was a nice big balcony but with no furniture on it.
They were nice enough to let me store my bag after checkout since I wasn't leaving until 3 pm. I came back to get my bag and wanted to use the WC before heading on the bus. I went downstairs to go to the bathroom and there was about an inch or two of water all over the floor. I promptly went back upstairs and told the front desk person (who was the woman who checked me in) and her response was "I know" and that was it. As far as I am concerned, they don't really want your business and money here so stay at Hotel Nefeli or Xenia. It will be a much better experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tclapper
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staying one night early september. Good location. Quiet neighbourhood. Good breakfast. Don't have maps of the city. Not very much visitors for this I can't say if there could be heard noise from other rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo