“Amazing concept: Meat Pie Night”
Review of The Lazy Wombat

The Lazy Wombat
Ranked #70 of 610 Restaurants in Aarhus
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Description: The Lazy Womat is an Australian inspired Coffee bar, micro-bakery and cafe. We only use the best locally sourced ingredients, with Sigfreds kaffefabrik, Arlaunika, Havnensfiskehus, Oialla chocolate, Smukvin and økolageret just a few of our amazing suppliers. We are open for our "Weekend brekkie" every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Wednesdays we have our cheap and cheerful meat pie and mash night. Friday evening brings our newest concept, Fish n Chips. Fresh fish cooked in our awesome beer batter, triple cooked, handcut fries, and our delish tartare sauce. Everything is made from scratch and we don’t take shortcuts. We enjoy hosting functions and cater for up to 45 people. This includes a simple two course meal for a family gathering, or something more elaborate like a wedding or work function.
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This place is one of my favorite spots in Aarhus - the sweetest staff, nice quiet location, great coffee and oh, the food! I really recommend their weekend brekkie, but here is a shoutout to their Meat Pie Night, which takes place on wednesdays. They serve delicious, flavourful meat pies with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. We also got lucky with a side of crisp, juicy zucchini! Great value for money. All that's left to say is stop reading and get going!!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We went for their Wednesday pie night and we were very impressed. Excellent food, lovely place and good value for money. The manager was very friendly. Would without doubt come again! (Their breakfast is supposedly brilliant).

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Best coffee!!!
Also the breakfast is perfect, from salads to toasts and delicious pancakes.
We've been there twice and I would definitely go again.
I have also tried some of the cakes which are really good among coffee.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

I very much like the Lazy Wombat I have been quite a few times now. The have really good coffee, cake and brunch. The athmosphere is really nice and the open kitchen is a nice touch - they clean it all the time! However, I have also had there mash'n pie (Wednesday offer) a couple of times now, and eventhough it is very very delicious, they are skimpy on the sidedishes - which is a pity..

I definitely recommend going!

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Modern cafe in the middle of Ceresbyen offering a great Aussie brunch! Perfectly cooked eggs and nice coffee - it’s nice to have somewhere to catch up with friends in this part of the city.

The only thing I would say is a bit strange is that it costs 30 kr for a relatively small flask of water - it is chilled and has some mint, but it’s tap water. I don’t know if you had to pay each time to refill it, but it just seemed a bit of a steep price for something that I’d expect to be free, especially if you’re buying food.