“3 stars for the staff not so much the brunch”
Review of Cafe Kaffegal

Cafe Kaffegal
Ranked #160 of 586 Restaurants in Aarhus
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Cozy surroundings and a wonderful concept being a social economical project - well done! The brunch was okay - a small selection but fine in taste.
Very friendly staff - I would definitely go again for the staff and to support the concept.

The concept is that the people working there volunteer and some has special needs and are part-time employed.

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

We ordered burgers and fries and we loved it. The ingredients were definitely good quality. What we enjoyed the most were the sauces in the burger and the tartare dip for the fries. The staff was very friendly.

Reviewed January 6, 2016

I have been here 5 or 6 times, had the lasagna most times - and its not always the same. SOmetimes its good, sometimes its not as good. One time it contained way too much pepper, we told the staff this, and they didnt do anything to compensate. I would come here again, but looking for better lasagna elsewhere :D

Reviewed July 9, 2015

It's a quite place which only services organic food and drinks, so if that's something you are into then I suggest this place. I however am not that into it, but the menu looked good which is why I went there for lunch with a friend. I had the burger, which was okay. It was very big, and I couldn't finish it all. The chips were delicous, very crispy, just the way I like it. The service was slow, and we were the only people in the café, so I expected a faster service. It even took a while to get us our drinks, which wasn't very complicated as it was a glass of water and a beer. I'm not sure I would go there again, the food was okay, but I'm not sure it's worth another visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2015

Nice little cafe with big ambitions ! It is located in the very center and very easy to find. It has a vision and a mission to live up to, which is very noble : helping people with mental disorders, using volunteers and preparing food from organic ingredients ! They have a sense of humor also - if you are wearing sombrero on one of the week days you get a 50% discount ! I have eaten a brunch there and it was no more but no less traditional danish selection. The menu however has a wide variety of choices and very reasonably priced dishes. There is a baby stroller parking in the yard, but the seating area doesn't have much space for kids. It fits best for a drink and a bite i suppose, not for a long lasting lazy afternoon . It is worth visiting again and trying out the variety on offer.