“Second worst burger ever”

Restaurant Alimento
Ranked #214 of 627 Restaurants in Aarhus
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

After reading the Trip Advisor reviews for this restaurant, I had to go back and check my receipt to confirm I had the right place. Mexican? I only saw sandwiches and salads on the menu. My experience was also far from the rave reviews I’m seeing here.

I saw a lot of delicious looking burgers at restaurants along the river, so I figured I’d try one out. This one was actually a sandwich of fried steak. Okay, might still be good. However, the meat was coated (not just seasoned) with more herbs than I’d probably eat in a couple months. I still can’t get the taste out of my mouth.

The potato wedges had a great consistency (crispy outside and fluffy inside), but they were also more heavily seasoned than I’d prefer.

The only reason I didn’t give this restaurant a 1 is that the outdoor seating along the water is pleasant. Of course, you pay for that when the burger is over $20.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed April 29, 2018

My wife and I ate here in April 2018 on the first sunny day of spring. People all up and down the river (maybe it's a canal) were sitting at sidewalk cafes in tee shirts and shorts. We were lucky to get a table. We were served a generous, well-prepared meal by a friendly waiter.

I don't think that this should be called a Mexican restaurant, although that's the way it seems to be listed currently on Tripadvisor. I had grilled chicken with a nice salad and fries, and although you could certainly get similar dishes in Mexico, I don't remember seeing any traditional Mexican items (enchiladas, tacos, etc.) on the menu.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

We always visit Alimento when we are in Aarhus, the food gets better and better and the beer in really nice. Staff is friendly and welcoming, always makes us feel valued. The set menu is good value for money and the beer is not any more expensive than everywhere else along the river.

Only thing to bear in mind is that the front of the restaurant is quite small compared with the cafes, basically blink and you'll miss a wonderful meal!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Superb burger with delicious potato wedges. Children's burger was great to and to be prefered over chicken nuggets.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Was so good it was gone before I could get a pic! Friendly staff. Good service. Sat by the river and watched the ducks.

Date of visit: June 2017