“High expectations- bit of a letdown ”
Review of Olinico

Olinico
Ranked #73 of 630 Restaurants in Aarhus
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Olinico a few times over the past couple of years. I have even given it 5 stars on Trip Advisor 2 years ago, so it was an obvious choice for us, when we wanted to go out midweek. I had the salmon tartare for a starter... excellent! But I was so looking forward to my favourite moules frites - an Olinico stable I have had before. The mussels were cooked without seasoning at all. I literally ate mussels in seawater - not a single hint of herbs, scallops or other taste giver. To be honest that was quite boring. And the frites which used to be perfect: so salty I couldn’t finish them - and I am known to be someone who salts my food excessively. So disappointing evening. Will I come back? Yes, I hope it was 1 bad night. You get one more chance...

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Berritsoe

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved this place. Mussels with homemade fries were incredible and fresh. We also liked the choice of drinks. It is very nice that you can choose a table outside especially if it is a sunny day .
The only downside is that maybe it would be a good idea to provide a wet tissue when serving seafood which non-existence quite surprised us... but considering the price and the quality of the food - we’ll forgive that :)

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Interesting place in the centre of Aahus. There is options to be seated in and outside. People recommend the Mussels, and our family of three ordered exactly that. The food was on the table 15 minutes later- which was fine. The furniture outside isn’t really comfortable, however nice to watch life passes by. A lot of pedestrians an cyclists.

The mussels were fresh, however very plain / boring. No gravy, soup or vegetable. The homemade fries and aioli was above average.

Service is something they can work on.

Okay toilet. (One unisex)

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

The food is original and tasty, yet, the service is below any critique. The place is also small, so many people take-out.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Quality fast food, and honestly service.
Price and food type match!

And they keep the place cleaned and funky

Thanks!