“Friendly service and tasty food”
Review of F-Hoej Deli

F-Hoej Deli
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Aarhus
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed May 7, 2017

This was our first experience of eating out on our arrival in Denmark and it was a good introduction to the friendly service and lovely food available. The waitresses kindly explained everything and we tried the open sandwiches and pretty cakes. It is a very small cafe so best to arrive a bit early - it closes at 4. You may need to wait for a table. it is only a short walk along a canal from the town centre.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Having read the reviews I was glad to be taken here for lunch by the guide on our food tour. They have a limited menu with about 6 open sandwiches. I ordered the roast beef which disappointed but had I been hungrier I might have felt differently. My partner liked his a lot. The cakes looked great but we'd eaten so much already that we passed.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

Are you looking for delicious open sandwiches? Look no more.
Unfortunately, I have never been in the place, so can't tell the service level. However, their opens sandwiches are pretty good.
It might be just a bit expensive as a budget traveler.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

On a sunny day, it is great to sit outside and enjoy the view of trees and the running brook. The menu is limited but excellent - we had the hen's egg with seafood salad, and the hen salad with crispy skin, with a light red wine (German!) which they serve by the glass. Would have loved to sample some of those little cakes - they looked so good. There are limited tables, but the service is prompt so they are cleared and ready for the next. The toilet is very clean - yay! Definitely to recommend for a light meal.

Reviewed April 30, 2016 via mobile

I went there with friends and we ate the typical Danish "smørrebrød". Those were really delicious and high quality. Usually packed for lunch time but it is worth to wait a bit! Really good spot in Aarhus C.
(smørrebrød around 65kr)