All reviews family room beautiful view bread beds cheese owner
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We spent 4 nights in the hotel as part of a longer visit to Denmark. The hotel is a well restored old building, originally for grain storage, just outside the village of Stege. (Own transport pretty much essential - though there is a bus service).The rooms are large, comfortable and with glorious views over the lake. It is very much a family run affair and guests are treated as family members while there - with access to the kitchen for cooking, fridges etc. Very friendly - with a wonderful verandah where guests stay out late and it's a chance to chat. A great space for families - with an extended area for children to play. The island is glorious . Our 4/5 days were far too short. We were there during the hot spell and rooms were hot - but it is quiet (outside the village) so windows can be left open at night to cool things down a little . (Watch out though for small flies from the lake!) Very much to be recommended.

Room tip: Ask for view of the lake...
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Friendly family run hotel at the edge of the town of Stege on Møn (famous for Møns/Moens Klint) in a peaceful setting with views looking out over a lake and the countryside. Very helpful staff/family hosts. They are also local and so can help with tips and help for your stay as they kindly did mine.

Some rooms have their own terrace where you can sit and enjoy the tranquil setting as does the sitting/dinning room. Possible to rent a canao (although I did not). Good continental breakast with fried eggs on request.

Room tip: Ask for a room with its own terrace
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights Stege Nor and really enjoyed it. The place is welcoming, bright and "hyggelig" and the staff lovely and charming, especially the latest addition, Wilma. Stege Nor is clean and cosy, breakfast plentiful and the view to die for. Highly recommendable.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We booked a weekend just for relaxing and we found a small paradise. The hostel is very very clean, and the rooms bright an spacious. The owners are really sweet, nice and helpful in recommending places for dining. The breakfast was really good with a variety of stuff.
We would like to come back in the summertime for using the kayaks they offer for free.
Relaxing place, not snobs and we really want to recommend the place. It's just placed 15 minutes walking time from the center of Stege.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2016

I arrived very late to the hotel. So, the only downside that it was very dark around the hotel. Well the city is very dark during the night (I would say it was the darkest nights I've ever seen in my life, but then you can clearly see the stars, especially next to the hotel). Maybe some warning about the lights would be good. I did not have car, so I had to use my phone lighter to walk early in the morning.
Everything else was really nice. The room I was staying with the view of the rising sun in the lake was marvelous. Probably the best view I have ever had in the room. And with that view, it was easy to wake up for work:)
The Hotel is very simple, but with all necessary facilities. Breakfast was great and it seemed that it was only me that was eating it. People in the hotel were all friendly and helping.
If I ever will go back to the area, I would definitely stay in Stege Nor.

Date of stay: November 2016