“Excellent food!”
Review of Kompasset

Kompasset
Ranked #125 of 2,887 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: 150 meters southwest of Kongens Nytorv and 50 meters southeast of the Royal Playhouse you will find the restaurant KOMPASSET where the focus is on smorrebrod/open sandwiches and beer. On the menu you will find 10 pieces of smorrebrod combined with craft beer from local breweries.
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Food is excellent and the recommended beer is matched with food! Chicken and mushroom bread is highly recommended.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Lovely place - it was a great summer time in that day- facing one of the city’s canal. Very mellow ambiance. The food is good, and the local dishes proved to be different and exciting. Place to relax and enjoy with a good beer and some traditional local tapas.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and professional, but the food was bad. Small dry portions, tasteless shrimps on top. Avoid this place if you are in Nyhavn as there are several other restaurants nearby that are way better.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I had just landed in Copenhagen after a 7-hour flight from JFK. I was jet lagged, tired and hungry. I walked along this very popular, touristy and crowded strip along the harbor lined with restaurants. Although Rick Steves advises against eating on that strip because the food is mediocre and expensive, and although most of the restaurants were completely full, I spotted an empty table on the terrace, recently vacated, and sat down. I ordered a cafe latte which arrived promptly and restored me quite a bit (it tasted delicious), and ordered a few small plates for myself, my son and my grandson. Most of it was traditional fair (herrings, among others). Everything was very fresh and delicious. I walked inside the restaurant to discover a lovely room, very quiet and pleasant. Had the weather been any different (it was gorgeous), I could easily have eaten inside. Highly recommended. Inside or out.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

The food we had was lovely, however one of the smørrebrød we ordered did not actually contain any bread! We each ordered one item since we were having a light lunch but the one who chose asparagus and prawn went hungry. No mention on the menu of the dish being more of the size of an appetizer, so disappointed about that.

Otherwise location was lovely and the restaurant has lovely decor inside.