“Just average”

Blue Elephant Restaurant
Reserve with
Blue Elephant Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #569 of 2,812 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Amager
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Good value for money, but it falls back from the experience from the same restaurant in London. We where expecting some more. Still: the food is good!

Reviewed June 12, 2017

The restaurant has very authentic and delicious thai food. The portions were good and the price was reasonable for Denmark standards. The staff was very pleasant and courteous.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Just had one of the worst dining experiences ever! Their prices are twice as high as almost all other Thai restaurants in Copenhagen, so you expect good quality. But you don't.... Stater only medium and when I halfway through my main course got a piece of wood in my mouth the size of a toothpick, I lost all appetite! And I felt lucky, that I didn't broke a tooth, or got it through my gums.. Don't go there = choose ant other Thai restaurant in Copenhagen

Reviewed May 26, 2017

This restaurant is part of the Radisson Blu Scandinavian hotel. I hesitate to try anything Thai overseas as the flavour tends to be watered down for non-Thais.

The name made me think of the original Blue Elephant Restaurant and cooking school in Bangkok, near where I used to live. So curiosity got the better of me and we headed down for dinner.

On arrival (lower ground floor) it was busy and buzzing with people eating and chatting. We were asked to wait in the lounge area as there were no vacant tables. There was another party of 6-7 people waiting for a table also.
After about 20-25 minutes we were led to a small table in a dark corner. The menu items looked and sounded authentic. Drinks were served and we were moved to another table which was larger and had more light.
Well, the entree came out (fish cakes and chicken satay) and what a lovely surprise - they both tasted like they taste at home in Bangkok! A great start.
for mains we had sweet and sour chicken with longans and red duck curry (gang phed pet yang) which, again, were excellent.
Finished off dinner with mango and sticky rice.
Spoke to the lady owner who confirmed that indeed, this Blue elephant restaurant is one of the sister restaurants to the original Blue Elephant restaurant in Bangkok. They won't ever compromise in taste so they fly in fresh ingredients from Thailand.
So, when you are next in copenhagen, do visit this place - it's the real deal. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

When I stay at Radisson Hotel, I do my best to make sure I have at least one meal at the Blue Elephant. The choice of food is very good and the quality of the food is absolutely brilliant. I quite enjoy eating there and the quiet and respectful service you get there. Would recommend if you are in the area.