“Bad food to a high price.”

Blue Elephant Restaurant
Reserve with
Blue Elephant Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #591 of 2,779 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Amager
Reviewed November 8, 2017

We were a bit tired after spending the whole day in Copenhagen. So we decided to eat at the hotel. Which usually is a bad idè, and this was no exception.

The food is close to what you get in Thailand, but the prices are far from it.
I had a chicken in currysauce, which was ok if you don`t take the price in consideration. My wife had a lamb, and the meat was bone dry. In retrospect we should have sendt it back to the kitchen.

You will get better quality a lot cheaper in a hole in a wall thai restaurant if you just walk in to Copenhagen.

One more thing.
They had a smoke room which was leaking so much smoke that they could have allowed smoking in the restaurant instead.

Yupin I, Gæsteansvarlig at Blue Elephant Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review. Please contact us at copenhagen@blueelephant.com to tell us more about your experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Some friends and me was in this restaurant since we was staying at the Hotel. I had dim sum for starter and a red curry with beef for main course. The food was great but the experience was broken because of lack off service and time spent on making the main course. One off my friends got his main course before he got his starter. My main course they used almost 1 hour on making and I needed to ask for the food several times. The atmosphere is in general nice and the interior is similar to an authentic Thai restaurant.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Nice meal, with friendly staff. Food was well cooked and there was a good selection. Nice decor (but a bit over the top on the Thai theme and dated)

Reviewed August 10, 2017

The food was excellent, the service was fantastic, and the atmosphere was very nice for a quiet dinner. Everything was excellent in the restaurant. The food was fresh and tasty.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Good value for money, but it falls back from the experience from the same restaurant in London. We where expecting some more. Still: the food is good!