“Nice place to enjoy a beer”
Review of Restaurant Oranje

Restaurant Oranje
Ranked #1,403 of 2,928 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

If You like a place to stay for a nice bere and relax for a few minutes You can try this restaurant. It is situated in Nyhavn in a boat and You can enjoy a nice view of the port and the street

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Last year I enjoyed the most spectacular plaice with boiled potatoes and parsley sauce and surely wanted to repeat the success one year later. The wonders did not repeat, unfortunately. The fish was small and bored, tasteless and not perfectly cleaned. Potatoes and sauce sloppy and kind of untidy.
The dessert was supposed to be a rhubarb cake but was actually nuts with small slices of rhubarb on top.
The owner himself served like last year and is dear and very kind and one would like all the best for him and his old ship, but please make some more effort in the kitchen.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Wanted something different on the water. We chose Restaurant Oranje, a ship moored in the canal near Nyhavn Hotel. Primitive interior and slightly rusted exterior, but the ambiance was perfect. With a couple of drinks, we gazed and waived to people on the canal tours and watched people strolling along the waterfront. Portions were large. We split a salad - BEST EVER, not the run of the mill greens mix. We also ordered 2 small bacon wrapped filets. Cooked to perfection and extremely tasty. This was our BEST meal in Nyhavn!

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I travelled to Copenhagen with a group of very polite friends. From my experience travelling to many countries all over the world, and living in Europe, the UK, Canada and Australia, I thought this boat restaurant would be a great final meal to wrap up our Denmark trip. It took 25 minutes to even get menus, of our group of 5 only two were eating and we ordered one bottle of wine, hardly a demanding meal. Our food didn’t come for another 45 minutes when the rain started to come down, we got soaked. After waiting for another 25 minutes for our bill, and asking two different servers, we went to the kitchen to get our bill. We then waited another 10 minutes to pay and again had to go to the kitchen to get any service to do this. The waiter then proceeded to scream and swear at me telling me to go back to the table, get my friends to give me cash (which we didn’t have), and then pay for the whole bill on one card. This was the worst service I’ve seen and the worst treatment I’ve ever experienced in any travel to 34 different countries, or any social situation in general. I wouldn’t recommend this place to any person I have ever met.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Ate here with a group of 14 customers on a business trip. (My Portuguese colleagues had a party of 12 on the table next door)
Host and his staff were excellent, good sense of humour and very efficient.
Good food, especially the fish.
House wine also nice.
One word of warning, steps to the toilet are very steep.

Date of visit: September 2017